Red bugs in reef tank

+1 on the sentinel you can get it from your vet. It's the same thing as intercepter. The dose is 1/4 of a pill per 100 gallons. I'm going to be treating my tank Saturday.
 
+1 on the sentinel you can get it from your vet. It's the same thing as intercepter. The dose is 1/4 of a pill per 100 gallons. I'm going to be treating my tank Saturday.

I need to pick some up to treat my 400 gallon system. Does it still sell in small dog and large dog sizing?
 
Morning after treatment and I can't spot a single redbug. I used a little more than half a pill for 8 hours. I will do another treatment next week. I hope to be seeing better colors and PE in the next weeks
 
So now I've done the redbug treatment twice, I can't spot a single redbug in the tank. But strangely my pod population seems to have had no effect. Everyone said that my pods would die off, so I'm concerned that my treatment wasn't effective since I still have loads of pods in the tank. Any thoughts?

I still have two pills left, since there doesn't seem to be any negative effect, besides killing the redbugs, I might do the treatment a few more times to be safe.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new