Red Carpet Relocation

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All,

I have had my red carpet anemone for over 3 years in my show tank at home. It is about 12 inches now.

I would like to relocate it to my other tank, but he has anchored his foot under the lower rock in my tank. In order for me to remove him, I would need to completely disassemble my aquascape, which I rather not do.

I have tried to use powerhead in front of him for about 1 week (on and off) and that did not work at all. He did not move an inch :(.

Are there any other suggestions that anyone can give me

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bump

ebushrow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are gonna need to blast him 24/7 to get him to move.....with that mature of a reef around him, I would be scared to do too much else IMO

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you are gonna need to blast him 24/7 to get him to move.....with that mature of a reef around him, I would be scared to do too much else IMO
That what I thought . Thank you for the reply.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any other thoughts ?

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two only likely ideas I can think of. If you use flow make sure it's pointing so it continuously lifts and flops the disc. Not just direct into the disc.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place a frozen water bottle next to its foot or near it. The bottle will change the temp in that general area cause the anemone to hopefully move somewhere else. Snatch it up before it take root in another spot...just an idea
Good idea . I will try this tomorrow.thanks.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two only likely ideas I can think of. If you use flow make sure it's pointing so it continuously lifts and flops the disc. Not just direct into the disc.
thanks for advice

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I can't offer any advice about getting it to release (no anemone experience) ... but just had to take a moment to say that one stellar looking anemone.
Thanks

Triggreef

Zoa Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freeze tank water in a couple bags, get all the air out so they won't float. Then stick one on each side of the foot. It'll let go eventually. Nice thing about the bags is you can make any shape you want. Make it like a wedge and stick it right under the rock.

kennedpa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Freeze tank water in a couple bags, get all the air out so they won't float. Then stick one on each side of the foot. It'll let go eventually. Nice thing about the bags is you can make any shape you want. Make it like a wedge and stick it right under the rock.
Doesn't dissolved solute come out during freezing? I don't think it will stay salt water. I'm fairly certain freezing is part of the water purification process in some areas of colder climate.

yellojello

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ice does work a lot of times. My carpet nem was about that big and same location. Had to remove rock cause foot was sucked to the bottom glass under the sand and not the rock.

OP
OP
RussiReef

RussiReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for advice

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 19 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 156 67.2%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back