Red Coris with cloudy eye

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi guys. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’ve got a red coris in a 46 gallon bow front qt along with three anthias that just arrived this week. The red coris has a cloudy eye. I’ve already run prazi 3 times while he was in there alone. I’ve got some kana and metro on hand. Should I treat with those? Both in tank and in food? Will that adversely impact the anthias? Thanks!

181EFF37-D26A-4939-87B1-CCF6931F9FF3.jpeg

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The prazi should rule out flukes in the eye area. So looks like infection. Best for eye infection is erythromycin aka Maracyn (not Maracyn 2). It can be harsh on the bio system of the tank depending on how strong the system is balanced.

OP
OP
Lebreton33

Lebreton33

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you! I've read that Kanaplex can work on cloudy eye. Should I start with that and see if it clears it up?

Big G

captain dunsel
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thank you! I've read that Kanaplex can work on cloudy eye. Should I start with that and see if it clears it up?
Kanaplex is a wide spectrum antibiotic and can work on a variety of diseases. Wouldn't hurt to give it a try, but. Erythromycin works specifically on a genetic level that targets the eyes.

Back