Red hair or.....

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I originally posted in the wrong section.

...something else?
I knew the risks going in with live rock and I'm controlling it one step at a time. Already tackled a couple gorilla crabs and I know there's one more, he's getting brave and coming out more at night, I'll get him.

Tank is a little over 6 weeks, 9 snails, 2 clowns, 1 fire shrimp and 7 to 9 corals if you count all different Zoa families.
Salt- 1.023
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - .25
Nitrate -5.0 (water change and full tank cleaning today.
Phos - .25
Alk - 9

red.hair.jpg

Just wondering about this.

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see that is not hair algae but some red macro algae or other thing? At the tanks young age I would not be surprised if it grows and dies out, never to return in the next few months. Lots of life that cycles through the succession stages of a new system will appear and then disappear in the first years of a live rock based tank.

OP
OP
Titleist1964

Titleist1964

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I can see that is not hair algae but some red macro algae or other thing? At the tanks young age I would not be surprised if it grows and dies out, never to return in the next few months. Lots of life that cycles through the succession stages of a new system will appear and then disappear in the first years of a live rock based tank.
TY, I went live rock/live sand . Wanted to skip most of the ugly stage.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 81 44.8%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 83 45.9%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 17 9.4%
Back