Red mangle underwater length

Joseph_Joe

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 1, 2024
Messages
85
Reaction score
37
Location
France
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I set up a rectangular foam above my DT. It is supported by the glasses.
I created small holes in the foam and placed mangle pods.
They were slowly growing during winter then started growing fast when spring was about to end.
But now, I feel they are mostly growing their dry parts. The underwater part growth is almost invisible.
My goal was to wait for their roots to reach my deep sand bed in order to remove the foam so they are fully autonomous.
My tank is 50 cm (1.5 feet) deep. Is it too deep or I should just be patient ?

Thanks in advance.
 
Bumping your post!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 35.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new