Red mark on six line wrasse

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jerry2341
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Jerry2341

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 3, 2025
Messages
19
Reaction score
7
Location
Pittsburgh
What state or country do you live in
Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
View attachment 20251221_161759_0EA49884-9059-4541-A4E9-EC2A5B4FF9C8.mov
Hello I just wanted to see if anybody knows what this red mark on the side of my six line wrasse could possibly be i woke up this morning and noticed it I hope that it is just a minor injury of some sort that will resolve on its own the wrasse is very peaceful and I have not noticed any aggression between him and any of the tank mates since having him
 

Hello I just wanted to see if anybody knows what this red mark on the side of my six line wrasse could possibly be i woke up this morning and noticed it I hope that it is just a minor injury of some sort that will resolve on its own the wrasse is very peaceful and I have not noticed any aggression between him and any of the tank mates since having him
Did you recently get this fish ? And was it quarantined ?
 

Hello I just wanted to see if anybody knows what this red mark on the side of my six line wrasse could possibly be i woke up this morning and noticed it I hope that it is just a minor injury of some sort that will resolve on its own the wrasse is very peaceful and I have not noticed any aggression between him and any of the tank mates since having him
Did you recently get this fish ? And was it quarantined ?
It has been in the display tank for 2 months and had 2 weeks qt prior
 

Hello I just wanted to see if anybody knows what this red mark on the side of my six line wrasse could possibly be i woke up this morning and noticed it I hope that it is just a minor injury of some sort that will resolve on its own the wrasse is very peaceful and I have not noticed any aggression between him and any of the tank mates since having him

That isn't a symptom of any specific disease - Uronema causes red lesions, but those are narrow and vertical, not square like this.

It could be from some injury.....

If the fish is still feeding well and acting normally, I don't see any immediate need to try a treatment.
 

Hello I just wanted to see if anybody knows what this red mark on the side of my six line wrasse could possibly be i woke up this morning and noticed it I hope that it is just a minor injury of some sort that will resolve on its own the wrasse is very peaceful and I have not noticed any aggression between him and any of the tank mates since having him

That isn't a symptom of any specific disease - Uronema causes red lesions, but those are narrow and vertical, not square like this.

It could be from some injury.....

If the fish is still feeding well and acting normally, I don't see any immediate need to try a treatment.
I have a tiger pistol shrimp in there maybe the shrimp popped him at night? I have noticed the wrasse sleeping I different spots lately but the fish is still fine healthy active and eating
 
I have a tiger pistol shrimp in there maybe the shrimp popped him at night? I have noticed the wrasse sleeping I different spots lately but the fish is still fine healthy active and eating
Good chance yes but they also spook easily and may be damage when running for cover
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 31.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new