Red rim chalice help

Johnny Doueihi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I've had this red assassin chalice for over 5 years and it has not grown a second mouth. I feed it plenty, water is clean, it swells up and seems happy, but does not grow. All parameters are normal, the only test I do not do is calcium but I know it's good. Everything else grows out of control, I'm including a few pics to see if anyone here knows more about these chalice that can help. Thank you
Johnny
20180208_083717.jpg
20180208_083741.jpg
20180208_083809.jpg
20180208_083701.jpg

rogersb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your magnesium, and get your calcium tested. I saw a thread years ago on RC where a guy was a chalice fanatic and he said keeping higher magnesium made all the difference in his chalices thriving and growing fast. If you use regular instant ocean (I do) then your numbers are probably low (mine are without dosing).

OP
OP
Johnny Doueihi

Johnny Doueihi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I dose only the recommended mag. Same with calcium. I have to order a test kit. I will try to dose twice a week to see if they react differently in the meantime

OP
OP
Johnny Doueihi

Johnny Doueihi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What's your magnesium, and get your calcium tested. I saw a thread years ago on RC where a guy was a chalice fanatic and he said keeping higher magnesium made all the difference in his chalices thriving and growing fast. If you use regular instant ocean (I do) then your numbers are probably low (mine are without dosing).
It was all about that PH, dosing every other day. Its doing the trick

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 44.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 23.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 30.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back