updated fts
tank.jpg

mmw64

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Read all the way through. Envy people who can change things and make them work for them. I'm more of a "please don't make me change anything" kind of gal. Nice tank, interesting read. Thanks for sharing.

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you liking the tank and your equipment selections??

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

NJRC (New Jersey Reefers Club)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stock, didn't really care for it much, i changed the lights, return pumps and skimmer. also i am no longer using the control panel as i have an apex hooked up to it. i also upgraded to the larger surface overflow....

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
but the tank is great, solid....would not have paid full price for it though. luckily a member of my reef club gave this tank to me for free

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome, I didn't pay full for mine either but more than you did obviously lol, although mine was still brand new. I've been toying with upgrading my lights as well but with a retrofit kit instead. As for everything else in my set up they will all be upgraded, getting a custom sump, skimmer and reactors. But as of now all the upgrades are costing more than the actual tank was lol although these upgrades aside from the LED's will be transferred to a larger tank down the road.

Last edited:

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it came with my tank when I bought it as part of the kit and that was part of my plan. I also purchased a second outlet nozzle and am having the divider for the rear sump drilled so there can be two separate return's. hopefully I can avoid having to use a circulation pump and keep the sides of the tank clean looking.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be, currently in the process of getting ready to move so not much going to be happening for the next couple months unfortunately. BUT here's my build thread, feel free to tag along as it will be updated with each new step when they come along.

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/my-rsm-c-130-build.277137/

With my sump I am a little nervous of whether or not the stand can hold the weight of it all. with the sump, ATO and reservoir it's around another 30 gallons. so doubling the weight of the system. Although Red Sea seems to believe it will handle it without a problem so I'm going off of that lol

OP
OP
trio91

trio91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, personally I wouldn't do a sump, if it's just for a fuge. You may want to consider an algae scrubber like I did as it becomes a huge space saver. This will still allow you to keep all your wires n what not in the stand.

JoshH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The sump is already ordered, mostly to add a larger skimmer and negate the need for a refugium. Not so happy with the smaller options skimmer wise so I wanted room for a bigger one, as well as some reactors.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back