Red Sea 250 seem blew within minutes

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
The display seem on my Red Sea 250 blew within minutes after noticing several sand particles filling the bottom middle seam. 4-5 years old. Captured 80% of the water by the time I grabbed an empty brute trash can and currently housing my livestock and rock in another trash can. Hardwood floors may be ok however my spirit is shattered.

Going to grab a big enough breeder tank today to house my e Marco’d rock work with over 20 nems on it. I contacted Red Sea and awaiting a reply. Pics /video attached 1C524D06-0E6C-4985-8AFB-B13AE7394A47.png E116C13F-D0ED-43C6-B122-EAE8405B9885.png
Oh no - yet another one

BirdFish5000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, another one! I have a 425 and a 250; at this point I'd trust an Aqueon or Marineland over these!

...which is the route I may go (with bigger tanks of course lol), and move everything into a new fish room.

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jeez, another one! I have a 425 and a 250; at this point I'd trust an Aqueon or Marineland over these!

...which is the route I may go (with bigger tanks of course lol), and move everything into a new fish room.
Check out Glass Cages or Planet Aquarium if you want a good glass tank. Joe at glass cages is active on these forums some times too.

AstroCoral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dom

Full Time Reef Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I never understood this statement.

I've been in the salt water hobby for 20 years and NEVER had a problem with Aqueon tanks. They are all I've ever used. Why; because they have a rim?

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
OP
OP
K

kgballer321

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since you've had a hard time - I'm willing to donate to you - a $400 coral gift certificate - to @Motorcitycorals please PM me on how to do this @revhtree, @Daniel@R2R
Wow that is incredibly generous @MnFish1 honestly that single gesture and all the kind feedback received from this thread is having me think positive to navigate through this setback and to keep the passion I have for the hobby :slightly-smiling-face:

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that is incredibly generous @MnFish1 honestly that single gesture and all the kind feedback received from this thread is having me think positive to navigate through this setback and to keep the passion I have for the hobby :slightly-smiling-face:
please contact @Motorcitycorals

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your tank disaster... Hope you're able to save most of your reef inhabitants.

I'm wondering if these bottom seam failures aren't due to a lack of support for the "floating" feature? On my 750XXL v3 Red Sea added a 1/8" x 2" aluminum strip along the entire edge of the top of the cabinet that supports the front edge. So while it still looks like it "floats" - if you go up close there's only a 1/8" gap between the cabinet doors and the aluminum strip.

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of luck hope your love for the hobby isn't completely ruined. Nothing wrong with taking a break though.

I remember when I started in this hobby 17yrs ago admiring the LFS's Red Sea display tank. Thinking to myself one day I'm going to buy a Red Sea tank because they're some of the best in the business. I wonder if they have always had this seam problem or it started relatively recently like within the last 5yrs. Wild.

thedon986

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Best of luck hope your love for the hobby isn't completely ruined. Nothing wrong with taking a break though.

I remember when I started in this hobby 17yrs ago admiring the LFS's Red Sea display tank. Thinking to myself one day I'm going to buy a Red Sea tank because they're some of the best in the business. I wonder if they have always had this seam problem or it started relatively recently like within the last 5yrs. Wild.
Their older Red Sea (pre-Reefer) have been fine as far as I know. Those were much more robustly built when aesthetics didn’t take priority over durability.

jpnegrete14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their older Red Sea (pre-Reefer) have been fine as far as I know. Those were much more robustly built when aesthetics didn’t take priority over durability.
Ok glad to confirm I'm not crazy haha because I do remember them being amazing tanks at one point. Well it seems like they're prioritizing durability with their new euro braced G2 series. So I'm guessing they at least recognize the problem in house even if they wont admit it publicly.

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok glad to confirm I'm not crazy haha because I do remember them being amazing tanks at one point. Well it seems like they're prioritizing durability with their new euro braced G2 series. So I'm guessing they at least recognize the problem in house even if they wont admit it publicly.

Well then fixing something and not owning up to your mistakes, that is not worth a duck fart now is it?

Back