Red Sea 350 v3 potential seam issue?

zoutou86

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 28, 2024
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Missouri
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey folks, got this little silicone loosening that I noticed recently. Nothing is leaking yet and I am monitoring to see if it gets worse regularly.

Wanted to see if previous/current Red Sea tank owners would know if this would eventually lead into a leak?


Thanks in advance.
IMG_8123.jpeg
 
just curious, can you wipe under it. I know sometimes on my tanks if I had a drop of water from the outside on the silicone after a cleaning and i splashed it would reflect back in looking that way. Just a thought and hope it was that and not the silicone failing
 
just curious, can you wipe under it. I know sometimes on my tanks if I had a drop of water from the outside on the silicone after a cleaning and i splashed it would reflect back in looking that way. Just a thought and hope it was that and not the silicone failing
Yeah, I could wipe under the seam and it looks the same.
 
I also see three micro tears on the side seam - wondering if this is a concern as well (this is all on the same side seam)
IMG_8127.jpeg
IMG_8128.jpeg
 
Anything in the seams is a concern. I would mark them somehow so that you can see on a micro level is they are changing at all.
 
I’ve had 2 out of 3 have bad seams so far first is the 750 after 3 months upper left front second is the 525xl after 8 6 years bottom fron I’m now setting up the replacement 750 g2+ so keep me in the prayers to the reefer Gods that this one holds together… but I have to say Red Sea did get my replacement to me fast no fight… but sure has sucked the joy out of the hobby for me… sure wish I would’ve stuck with the old time braced tanks never had one fail in 40 years of having big tanks
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3494.jpeg
    IMG_3494.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_3442.jpeg
    IMG_3442.jpeg
    159.7 KB · Views: 80

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new