Red Sea 525 - Full send! build thread

Here’s where I ended up. New on bottom. Angle is tough but +3” or more for sure.
504AF538-40AF-408A-879E-B6417583E82C.jpeg
The updated version looks great! I hope you don't have a huge battle with the uglies starting in month 3 or 4 like I did. If i could do it again I would start with a mix of dry and live rock.
 
The updated version looks great! I hope you don't have a huge battle with the uglies starting in month 3 or 4 like I did. If i could do it again I would start with a mix of dry and live rock.
Thank you. I was on the fence on using LFS live rock, at least in the sump. Didn’t do it. I’m leaning on a slow light ramp up, UV, and getting the turf scrubber fully online to give an early upper hand…but that’s all only on paper. We’ll see soon (or hopefully not)!
 
CW-100 turf scrubber working well at 7 months. Now that it’s established I’m going to reduce the photo period just a bit (maybe less 30-60 minutes) to make sure I’ve got detectable phosphate.

this is a ~two week haul…
IMG_0317.jpeg
 
Just curious, what do you run you RS90’s at? Mind sharing your schedule?
 

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 7 38.9%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new