Red Sea 525 - Full send! build thread

Bye-bye Mocha Storms. 2 pairs of clowns in a 5’ tank lasted about 8 months. ‘Ol dude here was starting to get aggressive with the smallest Picasso….so…later jabronies…
IMG_0624.jpeg
 
Looks great! What tank are you using for your frag tank / what's the filtration setup? Is it a completely separate water supply or shared from the DT?
It’s a UNS 90L (36x12x12) ~21 gal. I drilled it for return and overflow. Return is from manifold of display tank sump and drain returns to one side of the Reefmat fleece roller w/ emerg drain just dumping into sump. It’s just an extension of the big tank system.

1749473309212.jpeg
 
Your photos are crystal clear! What do you use? (Apologies if I missed that posted earlier.)
 
Your photos are crystal clear! What do you use? (Apologies if I missed that posted earlier.)
Thanks! The orphek clip-on filters on an iPhone 15. I’ve got a flipper magnetic magnifier and top down viewer in the mix too. My key factors are clean glass, if any angle from lens through glass and limited flow to get good focus.
 
Mx day

- acclimated new watanabae angel
- got a battle box situated (new frags) yeet!
- clean return pumps
- cleaned skimmer
- cleaned / changed Reefmat
- cleaned turf scrubber
- changed UV bulb (annual)
- disassembled and cleaned flow sensors
- cleaned bubble sponge
- cleaned / changed carbon in reactor
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new