Red Sea 625 xxl

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got it yesterday and wanted to show it off. It comes packaged well and lucky for me the delivery driver wheeled the 845 pound pallet into my garage for me with pallet jack. If you are wondering some of the cabinet pieces are under the tank on pallet. Most of the pieces are shrink wrapped on the sides. Red Sea really has done a very nice job in making shipment crate with more than adequate foam and padding for this beast. The stand assembly is a challenge, with very tiny pictures in instructions , cam locks and pegs, but with some effort and patience it turns out nice. I have to wait for my friends to help me with the tank on stand move, so that is all I have now. So far everything look to be made with quality in mind and I hope to share more in the near future.

IMG_3041.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

andyg1960

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congrats. Keep us in the loop as you progress. I'm planning to pull the trigger soon on a Red Sea Max 500S. We just moved to NC from NJ and I sold everything I had prior to the move.

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the big brother to yours. The stand can be tricky.

You don't live in Texas by chance? Our house has the same layout.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I've got a 2016 Max S 650 so interesting to see your build etc.

Oh and I've just noticed you will have at least 3 tanks from the photos ?

OP
OP
T

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following along! I've got a 2016 Max S 650 so interesting to see your build etc.

Oh and I've just noticed you will have at least 3 tanks from the photos ?

Yes, I have somehow convinced my wife that reef keeping is therapeutic and it is medically necessary to have multiple tanks. Lol.. I have a 14 gallon biocube, with a prime led modification, Red Sea 250 rsm with 2 hydra 52's modification, and the new 625 will have 3 hydra 52's.

IMG_1346.JPG

OP
OP
T

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have been very happy with all my AI lights. Some say that they are not the best, but I think they are for my reef keeping experience. I have seen growth out of lps, sps, and softies. I use one of their signature series program (found on their website, I use the Canadian recipe)on the prime and 52's that (I modified the times of operation) seems to make my corals happy. I like AI's customer service as well, one of the power supply for the 52 went bad after a few months of operation, and they overnighted a replacement free of charge. I would indeed recommend their products...

OP
OP
T

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I have been very happy with all my AI lights. Some say that they are not the best, but I think they are for my reef keeping experience. I have seen growth out of lps, sps, and softies. I use one of their signature series program (found on their website, I use the Canadian recipe)on the prime and 52's that (I modified the times of operation) seems to make my corals happy. I like AI's customer service as well, one of the power supply for the 52 went bad after a few months of operation, and they overnighted a replacement free of charge. I would indeed recommend their products...

OP
OP
T

Tray333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far I have been buying equipment waiting for this build. To date this is what I have collected.

480 pounds of Tropic Eden Reef flakes aragonite sand

Tunze doc 9430 D.C.

Vortech M-1 (however I may return for L-1) have not decided yet.

2 medium Avast spy glass reactors without pumps

2 xf 250 maxspects gyre pumps with just one controller

1 back up battery vortech , I will get one more soon

3 hydra 52's with mounts

250 pound or so dried live rock, assortment of tonga branches, tonga shelfs, Fiji base rock, Punjabi base rock, however I bought to much.

I still need refugium light which I will get the kessile 380 and mount once I get other things in place. I probably get the esshope 2 part dousing pump like I have on the Red Sea 250, it has performed well.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 43.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 22.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back