OP
OP
newreef1

newreef1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys a lot of people asked me about power heads and I understand those are needed for better water flow in the tank to distribute nutrients and waste along with needed for corals which I plan to have but how does that affect the return pump? Can someone please give me a brief idea so I can have an idea of what kind of power head I need to purchase for the meantime I ordered a smaller return pump instead of the 2400gph I’m going with a 1460 gph for my tank which is 160gallons and sump of 40gallons

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys a lot of people asked me about power heads and I understand those are needed for better water flow in the tank to distribute nutrients and waste along with needed for corals which I plan to have but how does that affect the return pump? Can someone please give me a brief idea so I can have an idea of what kind of power head I need to purchase for the meantime I ordered a smaller return pump instead of the 2400gph I’m going with a 1460 gph for my tank which is 160gallons and sump of 40gallons
A large gyre pump on each end would do. They are a little more work to keep clean than the ecotech MP40s or MP60s which are a fine, low maintenance choice.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.9%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back