Red Sea 750xxl Help!!

Hey guys a lot of people asked me about power heads and I understand those are needed for better water flow in the tank to distribute nutrients and waste along with needed for corals which I plan to have but how does that affect the return pump? Can someone please give me a brief idea so I can have an idea of what kind of power head I need to purchase for the meantime I ordered a smaller return pump instead of the 2400gph I’m going with a 1460 gph for my tank which is 160gallons and sump of 40gallons
 
Hey guys a lot of people asked me about power heads and I understand those are needed for better water flow in the tank to distribute nutrients and waste along with needed for corals which I plan to have but how does that affect the return pump? Can someone please give me a brief idea so I can have an idea of what kind of power head I need to purchase for the meantime I ordered a smaller return pump instead of the 2400gph I’m going with a 1460 gph for my tank which is 160gallons and sump of 40gallons
A large gyre pump on each end would do. They are a little more work to keep clean than the ecotech MP40s or MP60s which are a fine, low maintenance choice.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new