Red sea AB+

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I don't really want to be dosing so many things in my tank is leads to chasing numbers and almost alot of time doing that instead of enjoying. Plus I beginner corals nothing special so I really don't have to dose my water changes with red sea coral pro I'm sure gives them enough. I have a Xenia 2 zoa frags a pipe organ and a green Duncan. But I will be eventually adding lps as hammers or possibly torches. I know lps requires a little more of these elements and stable parameters to maintain. My question is how much more helpful was the red sea AB+ for your corals or did you have a bad experience? Thanks for your guys advice

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I don't really want to be dosing so many things in my tank is leads to chasing numbers and almost alot of time doing that instead of enjoying. Plus I beginner corals nothing special so I really don't have to dose my water changes with red sea coral pro I'm sure gives them enough. I have a Xenia 2 zoa frags a pipe organ and a green Duncan. But I will be eventually adding lps as hammers or possibly torches. I know lps requires a little more of these elements and stable parameters to maintain. My question is how much more helpful was the red sea AB+ for your corals or did you have a bad experience? Thanks for your guys advice
It can cause issues with phosphate and other water sssociated but has also worked well for many
You’re best bet is to dose aminos such as seachem fuel and feed corals

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I feed reef recipe once a week. Broadcast feed. Haven't looked into strictly ammino

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have noticed nothing as far as LPS or the one softy in the tank other than a feeding response using half of the recommended dose. The Acropora, however, have responded remarkably and fast in color and vitality and maybe grow a bit faster but that is harder to see. A green Formosa turned to a blue tipped green Acropora Formosa in 5 days, and the signature Acropora are leaning towards their photo colors. I used it, stopped using it, and restarted using it and the SPS showed noticable difference. The fish are also brighter. I put their morning artemia into the dosing cup with the AB+. I turn off my main pump for 10 minutes during the morning feeding and just dump it in. Now that I think about it, the Montipora seems to have grown more this week. Maybe it likes it too. I have a bit of hair algae and a moderate cyanobacteria issue but I cannot put it on the AB+ as it has not increased and the tank is only 18 weeks old so its still cycling algaes. The diatoms came and left with vigor.

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you get rid of your diatoms? I think I have them because I have nitrate levels in my tank so dinos I don't think is the problem. I just started dosing redsea AB+ again other day

Mark Novack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The diatoms just went away as the cycle progressed. They stayed for about 4 weeks. I only blew off the bases of the corals. Once a bit of cyanobacteria showed up, the dinos left. The cyano will take longer but it should drop down to just spots by month 6 or 8. Its now mostly off of the rocks and mostly on the sand. I stir a part of the sand everyday to keep it loose. Not many pods or worms yet to do the job. I like the AB+. It smells like a multi-vitamin pack.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love watching that neon green flow through my wave maker and all over the tank lol

OP
OP
J

James5214

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lfs recommended me reef receipe said.it doesn't elevate phosphate as reef roids does

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.8%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 20.0%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back