Red Sea Calcium Test Powder Issues

Bereefme

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2022
Messages
12
Reaction score
5
Location
Sacramento
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something strange is happening with my Red Sea Calcium Test kit. When I drop in the powder, some of it turns to little stones. And I’m guessing it is messing up the result since some of the powder is not dissolving. I bought the kit new less than one year ago. I follow the directions precisely. Has anyone else experienced this or know what’s happening?
 
Something strange is happening with my Red Sea Calcium Test kit. When I drop in the powder, some of it turns to little stones. And I’m guessing it is messing up the result since some of the powder is not dissolving. I bought the kit new less than one year ago. I follow the directions precisely. Has anyone else experienced this or know what’s happening?
It's normal, and don't worry about it.

There is more reagent than necessary for the reaction to complete and undissolved solids do not make any difference to the test accuracy.

As long as the test is pink enough for you to determine the blue endpoint during titration, everything including the result is fine.
 
Thanks for the response. That’s good to know. And great that I don’t need a new kit. I’ve really liked the Red Sea test thus far.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new