Red Sea Calcium Test Powder Issues

Bereefme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something strange is happening with my Red Sea Calcium Test kit. When I drop in the powder, some of it turns to little stones. And I’m guessing it is messing up the result since some of the powder is not dissolving. I bought the kit new less than one year ago. I follow the directions precisely. Has anyone else experienced this or know what’s happening?

gbroadbridge

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something strange is happening with my Red Sea Calcium Test kit. When I drop in the powder, some of it turns to little stones. And I’m guessing it is messing up the result since some of the powder is not dissolving. I bought the kit new less than one year ago. I follow the directions precisely. Has anyone else experienced this or know what’s happening?
It's normal, and don't worry about it.

There is more reagent than necessary for the reaction to complete and undissolved solids do not make any difference to the test accuracy.

As long as the test is pink enough for you to determine the blue endpoint during titration, everything including the result is fine.

OP
OP
Bereefme

Bereefme

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the response. That’s good to know. And great that I don’t need a new kit. I’ve really liked the Red Sea test thus far.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back