Red Sea deluxe discontinued

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just decided to pull the trigger on a new Red Sea 350 deluxe and I see that they have been discontinued. Any insight on them?

AngryMike2016

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My understanding from another thread is that Red Sea is going to release a new version with their own lights, instead of the Aqua Illuminations.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved and sold my 93 gallon cube and I’m housing my rock in a brute can till I can get a new tank.

Any link to that thread? I’m curious how long I may have to wait, or I should go another route.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just moved and sold my 93 gallon cube and I’m housing my rock in a brute can till I can get a new tank.

Any link to that thread? I’m curious how long I may have to wait, or I should go another route.

There are 2 threads about this in the Red Sea forum.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/red-sea.712/

By the way, you don’t have to wait as you can always buy the Reefer 350 and purchase the Ai Hydra 26 lights separately as that would be the same thing as getting their “deluxe” model. ;)

Just make sure that the Reefer 350 you order has their latest V3 sump as some distributors might have the old sump in their inventory.

OP
OP
CSJIII

CSJIII

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are 2 threads about this in the Red Sea forum.
https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/red-sea.712/

By the way, you don’t have to wait as you can always buy the Reefer 350 and purchase the Ai Hydra 26 lights separately as that would be the same thing as getting their “deluxe” model. ;)

Just make sure that the Reefer 350 you order has their latest V3 sump as some distributors might have the old sump in their inventory.

Agreed! But if it’s an “upgrade”, I’d hate to loose out cause I couldn’t wait.

Westside Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Maybe I am conservative but everything I am the first one on the block to get the latest and greatest there are bugs in the programing and I have to deal with issues I could have avoided. The Ai Hydra 26 LED's are a proven product so why delay?

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You are correct, that they've been discontinued. We don't have all of the details yet, but we're expecting Red Sea to have a replacement for the deluxe models in the upcoming months. Like others have mentioned, you can certainly go with the non-deluxe model and choose your own lighting solution. You could even go with the Hydra 26s like the deluxe package used to come with. The only difference would be the mounting bracket.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 53 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 41 20.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 40 20.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back