Red sea desktop (max nano) ATO overfilling tank

Max Rackstraw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've just setup my red sea desktop ATO however i dont think it's working right. I believe the water level in the return pump section of the tank (where the ATO bulb is) is too low causing the ATO to keep filling up the tank too much. The other section of the filtration chamber just fills over into the return section.

Anyone know how to fix this? My return pump is doing 800lph

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I've just setup my red sea desktop ATO however i dont think it's working right. I believe the water level in the return pump section of the tank (where the ATO bulb is) is too low causing the ATO to keep filling up the tank too much. The other section of the filtration chamber just fills over into the return section.

Anyone know how to fix this? My return pump is doing 800lph
Place your ATO where you would like the water level to sit in the return chamber.

Then, if your salinity is spot on, fill the chamber with salt water until it sits at your ATOs full mark.

Plug in the ATO and be on your way.

Ensure if the ATO is on the ground below the tank, that the hose output is higher than the reservoir water level and not touching the water or else you will have back and continuous siphon issues.

OP
OP
Max Rackstraw

Max Rackstraw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Place your ATO where you would like the water level to sit in the return chamber.

Then, if your salinity is spot on, fill the chamber with salt water until it sits at your ATOs full mark.

Plug in the ATO and be on your way.

Ensure if the ATO is on the ground below the tank, that the hose output is higher than the reservoir water level and not touching the water or else you will have back and continuous siphon issues.
Sorry mate i should probably have been more clear... Its the gravity fed desktop ato in the red sea desktop (max nano) that looks like this:

1682784782865.png

Saltyreef

I'm not your dad...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry mate i should probably have been more clear... Its the gravity fed desktop ato in the red sea desktop (max nano) that looks like this:

1682784782865.png
Same principle. Fill the return chamber higher with salt water or adjust the float lower with the spine adjustments on the arm joints.

You need to essentially give your ATO a water level to refill to.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back