Girlfriday03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 659 S Max system. I recently purchased a second doser 4 that I am trying to get to connect.

Has anyone successfully connected 2 doser 4's? I get a IP address, firmware update, it prompts for schedule (skip), appears to connect and grays out.

Any assistance is appreciated to get both doser 4's connected onto my app. Is there a limit on how many devices can connect?

PeterC99

Solarbenchmark.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Red Sea 659 S Max system. I recently purchased a second doser 4 that I am trying to get to connect.

Has anyone successfully connected 2 doser 4's? I get a IP address, firmware update, it prompts for schedule (skip), appears to connect and grays out.

Any assistance is appreciated to get both doser 4's connected onto my app. Is there a limit on how many devices can connect?
Did you contact Red Sea Customer Support?

OP
OP
G

Girlfriday03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I did.

They said "Thank you for reaching out about your doser. Have you tried using the doser after completing the set up process instead of skipping the set up for each head? There should not be any issue with adding in a second doser for the same aquarium. "

My reply to them was " we did not skip the head setup. This is the point when the doser “loses” connectivity.

We have tried two different *new* Doser-4s, and they each did the same thing. During the setup process, the app screen shows setup was completed successfully. Then they download and install new firmware. Immediately thereafter, the app shows the four heads, which are all red (this is the point you could set up the heads). But within moments, all heads turn gray and show no connection.

I have attached a short video showing that the 2nd doser (RSDOSE4-1222527426) actually has an IP address, and my router shows it as being connected with solid signal strength.

OP
OP
G

Girlfriday03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know our internet is commercial business grade (my husband is a CIO) as for the routers I'm not sure of the brand but I know it was full strength. I have all other Red Sea devices (like 7 of them) on the app. This is the only one that doesn't. I told him we should try to power off the doser 1, and see if doser 2 connects. Makes me wonder if the RedSea app can't tell which one is which with the same doser 4, but different IP addresses. RedSea said it could.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 19 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 31.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 18.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back