Red Sea Max 250 noise reduction

Matt27

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 17, 2019
Messages
37
Reaction score
14
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently got a Red Sea max 250 65 gallon tank for free and after a few weeks of letting the live rock dry out and scrubbing it all clean, and a whole lot of time cleaning and fixing the tank itself and stand I finally got sand, the dead rock, and water into the tank to start bringing the rock back to life and cycle the tank. I knew this system was moderately noisy but I had no idea it was THIS noisy lol the hood fans are loud but the skimmer sounds like a F22 taking off! I'm definitely gonna get a new skimmer soon, any recommendations on that? for the fans I'm thinking getting quieter PC gaming fans and calling it a day, any thoughts? Also, would anybody happen to know the fan size? The tank is in my bedroom fairly close to my bed but right next to my fan I have running 24/7 so the sound is a little masked but not entirely.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 18.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new