Red Sea Max E-170 - $700

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 Year Old Red Sea Max E-170 has all original components in great working order. It also has an Ehiem Jager heater (1 year old) and 2 Tunze 6040 controllable powerheads (4months old). The powerheads come with the connection cable to all them to be linked. The lighting up top is a Hydra26HD (1 year old). You can also have the rock and sand that are in it. I can not deliver this system so you must come pick it up. You can learn more about the system at http://www.redseafish.com/…/max-aquarium-syst…/max-e-series/. One cool feature it has is that you can convert it to have a sump down below! It was purchased from aquatic critter one year ago on May 28th.

IMG_0107.JPG
IMG_0108.JPG
IMG_0109.JPG
IMG_0110.JPG
IMG_0111.JPG

Daniel Ruiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason... Is there any reason that you are getting rid of the MAX E-170. Because I am looking into getting this tank within a couple of months from now. Just doing all my homework first.

Thanks,

Dan

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason... Is there any reason that you are getting rid of the MAX E-170. Because I am looking into getting this tank within a couple of months from now. Just doing all my homework first.

Thanks,

Dan
I just wanted to go bigger. I replaced it with a Red Sea Reefer 425XL. it's a great tank, you'll probably really enjoy it.

Daniel Ruiz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just wanted to go bigger.

I feel that I am going to be the same way, if I get the 170. My gut is telling me to get the Max E-260... but it's $800 more. I was like this when I first got into the hobby back in 2005. Had a small 26gal bowfront and 2 years later upgrade to a 46gal. But then I hit the pause button when I got married and had to lose the tank :oops:. But I got wife approval at first for the Max-E nano. But we looked at the 170 and we both liked it. I know how this hobby can be, you always want to go bigger.:cool: But your red sea reefer 425 is crazy. o_Oo_Oo_O

OP
OP
jasonamyers

jasonamyers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel that I am going to be the same way, if I get the 170. My gut is telling me to get the Max E-260... but it's $800 more. I was like this when I first got into the hobby back in 2005. Had a small 26gal bowfront and 2 years later upgrade to a 46gal. But then I hit the pause button when I got married and had to lose the tank :oops:. But I got wife approval at first for the Max-E nano. But we looked at the 170 and we both liked it. I know how this hobby can be, you always want to go bigger.:cool: But your red sea reefer 425 is crazy. o_Oo_Oo_O

I think the Reefer/Max 200s are a wonderful target. It's really hard to find your sweet spot, and the Max 170 is a great tank, and expanding with a sump later is also a cool feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 47 35.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back