RED SEA MAX NANO 2020 BUILD THREAD

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello to all my fellow nano reefers!

im new to this site but have used it for a few years now and ive taken the plunge to join in with all you reef addicts

Ive decided to set up a Red Sea Max Nano. Ive been looking at these tanks now for a little while and finally decided its the one for me.

i LOVE Red Sea products in general I think every product they sell is awesome. I love how the max nano looks and the build quality is awesome on these tanks!

im going to set this tank up as a mixed reef with softies,LPS and maybe a few SPS in the future but for now ill stick to the more forgiving corals! Ive also decided to follow the Red Sea reef care recipe for this tank.

Im currently waiting on these to be in stock in my LFS as I want to support them (they are only small) I’m waiting to get the new version with the Red Sea ReefLED lighting as I’m dying to try these out and also toying with maybe installing their ReefWave pumps too.

Please follow me on this build ill be updating regularly and hopefully all goes well

Does anybody have experience with this tank? Am I making the right decision?

cheers!!

RED BANDANA REEFING

CAF95A40-A8B5-4C76-B7CC-329075E486CE.png

Last edited:

dwair

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R. I don’t personally have a Red Sea tank. But I have had the lights and had nothing but connectivity issues.

OP
OP
RED BANDANA REEFING

RED BANDANA REEFING

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Dwair

thank you for replying

Oh really? I’m guessing you mean problems with connecting them to the app? Part of me thinks maybe I should stay away from them as they are so new and stick to something tried and tested? (Something like AI prime)

is this a common problem with the lights?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 107 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back