• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Red Sea Max S-400 (White) (NEW, not used)

krakensoup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, here I am. The prototypical cautionary tale:

I bought this tank with big dreams and genuine interest, but because multiple life reasons and changes, it has been sitting in the garage since I picked it up in late 2018. Finally, I'm now relocating so I can't put this off any longer. I have no post history but decided to pay the $25 to become a contributing member in order to post this.

Attached are images. It is still on the pallet, but the surrounding packaging has been taken apart so the tank could be moved when I finished my garage. Everything is there, nothing else has been opened. Since original delivery, it has only been moved twice: once in the house and once back into the garage (because of said finishing of garage).

Including custom ordering from my local reef place, drop-shipping, U-Haul rental, beers for my friends to help move it, I have spent just over $5k on this tank. I am looking to get $3.5k for it.

I am located in Fort Collins, CO and will only accept local pick-up. This thing is too much to worry about with shipping etc. because it's extremely heavy and requires multiple people to move safely. Unless I'm missing something and there is some special shipping service which can handle heavy, fragile, high $ items that you can arrange, I'm not interested in figuring out the logistics for it.

I will not sell it/let it leave unless there are at least three strong, capable people of lifting this thing with my help. Seriously.

If there are any questions, please ask! I will update this post with answers.

I hope someone who was looking for this tank stumbles onto this post and gives it the home it deserves.

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2021-08-26 at 8.54.56 PM.png

5.jpeg 4.jpeg 3.jpeg 2.jpeg 1.jpeg

Last edited:

MarkEJS

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. I’m located in Lafayette, Colorado. I would need to hire a LFS in FoCo to move and install the tank. Given the expense of moving and installing the tank (my last tank move/install cost was $1450) all I can offer is $1,000.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back