Red sea Max

  • Thread starter Thread starter Andrew L
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Andrew L

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
143
Reaction score
0
Location
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my mom and I are looking at getting a new red sea max 500, its 135 and it comes with almost everything you need. We can get it at $4000 at our LFS. she really likes it but im on the the offense. Ive calculated it out and I can build alot better tank with better skimmer and ATI T5's, and just all around a system that I like. I like the red sea but I dont like the lighting sytem, skimmer and some other things, but the stand and look is superb. What do u think in your oppions?
 
I have a 130d and it's not anywhere near the quality as the one you are looking at, but these are well built and well thought out tanks. The only problem with these tanks is flexibility. I realized that the more you learn about this hobby the more you want to customize and upgrade. With these tanks its possible but harder to deal with and then you get to where I am. Why should I mess with a noisy overflow to add a sump when I can just buy a drilled tank. With 4000 you can get a nice system with nice lights and probably have a lot of money left over for livestock
 
nice systems, But I agree with taking that money and building it your self. Customize whatever you want.
 
that is what i'll think i'll do. lol all I really want is the tank, stand, sump. i really like how they have the ATO system integrated into it. its nice to have 6 gallons of water always there, so u can go a a couple days without filling up the tank.
 
While they look amazing, it's always better to customize your set up to be perfect for you and what you want to do with it.
 
by the end of it you are going to be around 7000 for rock, sand add a lot to the total price. You can find a nice tank and stand that size for around 1200
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new