OP
Monice

Monice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great read. I am setting up the exact same tank. A couple of questions please! 1) How is the ATO working, any issues? 2) Are you using a refugium? If yes, did you place it in the back part of the sump (on the right), with the skimmer in the front part? I ask because I’ve had some tell me to switch the skimmer and refugium locations for a better environment for pods. 3) How and where did you place your gyre/ wave maker? On the overflow wire? Vertically or horizontally? thanks, more questions to follow, I hope mine will be as good as yours!
Hi Aggie1978,

Yes feel free to ask me questions. I'll share the very limited knowledge I have. Learning as I go.

ATO is working as expected. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The float was damaged when the tank arrived, but Red Sea replaced it quickly.

I have not started a refugium, but heard the same recommendation to have it after your skimmer. Haven't really decided if I want to run one yet. We'll see how it goes. I have a big piece of rock in the sump that I think would make a good pod hotel, also the same type of rock in my display tank that has tons of little spaces for pods to reside.

Placed the Reef Waves vertically on either side of the overflow. The impeller cages can be rotated to direct the flow.

Image pulled from Reef Wave manual:
1602589993292.png

I had to cut a small piece of the corners of my cover to allow space for the wires and still have the cover fit as it should.
20201013_064925.jpg

OP
OP
Monice

Monice

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
looking good. I have it 's big brother the 650P setting it up now.
if you want a clear view better get on it now its taking 2-3 months I ordered around 6 weeks ago still no word but they do say its will take around 40 business days. so i guess I waite a few more weeks and reach out.
is that a brightwell Xport brick? how do you like it? holding up?
Hi Devaji,

Thanks for the feedback!

Saltees

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Aggie1978,

Yes feel free to ask me questions. I'll share the very limited knowledge I have. Learning as I go.

ATO is working as expected. I haven't had any issues with it at all. The float was damaged when the tank arrived, but Red Sea replaced it quickly.

I have not started a refugium, but heard the same recommendation to have it after your skimmer. Haven't really decided if I want to run one yet. We'll see how it goes. I have a big piece of rock in the sump that I think would make a good pod hotel, also the same type of rock in my display tank that has tons of little spaces for pods to reside.

Placed the Reef Waves vertically on either side of the overflow. The impeller cages can be rotated to direct the flow.

Image pulled from Reef Wave manual:
1602589993292.png

I had to cut a small piece of the corners of my cover to allow space for the wires and still have the cover fit as it should.
20201013_064925.jpg
I see you’re using the Flipper (Regular) magnet, is it strong enough? Or should I go with the Flipper MAX given it’s rated for the RSR500P glass thickness. Thanks!

Back