Red Sea Reef Dose 2 nozzle air bubbles

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, I was wondering if anyone knew why the Reef dose nozzles leak air into the airline causing inconsistent bubbles as they dose over time. I’ve tried shoving the airline tube as hard as I can but nothing seems to work. However, I am using just standard airline instead of the stuff from Red Sea that it’s made for. I can certainly get the Red Sea stuff, just wondering if there’s an alternative.

OP
OP
Alex Cataldo

Alex Cataldo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same nozzles with generic tubing, and while I have the Red sea tubing sitting in a box I'm not necessarily convinced it would make any difference.
That’s interesting, did you happen to tighten the nozzles around the tubing a certain way? Maybe it’s my technique.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s interesting, did you happen to tighten the nozzles around the tubing a certain way? Maybe it’s my technique.
I bought the nozzle kit thinking I could just use the colored tubing with my Neptune DOS and not realizing the DOS uses a much thicker and wider tubing. I mainly wanted the ReefDose bracket because it keeps everything nicely organized and the nozzles just click in (so no need to screw individual bracket holders closed with most mounting options).

I don't seem to have any issues with air leaking back into the tubing (it's a tight fit), but I did get a few spectacular results off my magnesium nozzle when it clogged up...

Jeffcb

Tang tang
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You may want to try a TPE type tubing. It may seal better. I have the RS tubing because I liked the pretty colors lol.
Anyways, RS is a Theroplastic Elastomer type tubing and I have had no air leak. In fact it seals so well if I don't have the bottles lids open enough it collapses them from sucking the liquid out.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back