Red Sea Reef LED 90 settings not correct

  • Thread starter Thread starter Shunopoli
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Shunopoli

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 30, 2020
Messages
202
Reaction score
80
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So not sure what’s going on. I have a program set for 100% blue , but through out the day it shows different percentages. Right now it shows 87% why is it doing this?
381339E6-775C-4CAD-A27C-814B04507405.png
F840E8FD-75E7-4537-A67E-71F6F09190F9.png
 
Could be lunar then if it's not the clouds.
 
Ya, I don't think it's the lunar either cause if you look at the schedule the lunar is not set to run until 19:00. This one is puzzling
 
My reefled 50 was doing the same, not following the program. After a factory reset it worked for a while but every now and then it did the same thing. For a while I thought daylight savings was the issue but this was not the problem in my case.
 
My reefled 50 was doing the same, not following the program. After a factory reset it worked for a while but every now and then it did the same thing. For a while I thought daylight savings was the issue but this was not the problem in my case.
Like right now it's back to 100%, It's acting like the cloud settings are still enabled even thought they are not.
 
Like right now it's back to 100%, It's acting like the cloud settings are still enabled even thought they are not.
I have never looked at the cloud settings on mine. I have shut down the reef this month so sadly not able to check if this works on mine but when I take the light back into use I will check it, thanks
 
I have the Reef Led 90's but admittedly don't see this issue. I only run at 50/10 blue/white which makes me wonder if it's a power thing. I know they have fans but perhaps they reduce power slightly if the temperature cannot be controlled? It's just a thought but are the fans running fast?
 
I have the Reef Led 90's but admittedly don't see this issue. I only run at 50/10 blue/white which makes me wonder if it's a power thing. I know they have fans but perhaps they reduce power slightly if the temperature cannot be controlled? It's just a thought but are the fans running fast?
Great guess, as I programmer you could be right I think this could very well be software that ramps them down it is something I would do as a safety. And I didn't clean the thing for a while so it's probably dusty as hell.
 
Last edited:
I have the Reef Led 90's but admittedly don't see this issue. I only run at 50/10 blue/white which makes me wonder if it's a power thing. I know they have fans but perhaps they reduce power slightly if the temperature cannot be controlled? It's just a thought but are the fans running fast?
So I read from the manual that the only thing it does regarding temp is ramp up and down the fans not the light. I don't notice any difference in sound. I can see when the lights adjust when the percentage drops so it makes me check the app, and it's just like when I had the cloud setting enabled. I don't want to reset them to factory cause they are kinda of pain to get them resynced.
 
Last edited:
Can you noticeably see it changing? Is it ramping up and down or more drastic flips up and down? Have you attempted to create a fresh schedule?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new