OP
OP
CoachRichardson

CoachRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
13 months later. All the fish seem to be doing well. The corals have been growing great. So much that I had to move around my torches because a sweeper stung my acan. It was reaching way out there. I have broken off one of my montis numerous times trying to clean the glass. I have had zoos thrive and some melt. What I have learned from the zoas is to have one species per rock/rubble. I have had some just grow over others and choke them out. Seems the only way for me to maintain a particular one is for it to have its own piece of rubble.
The most negative part of the experience has been the valve on the Red Sea tank. It is a nightmare and constant back and forth. So much so that I have never gotten a solid setting on my skimmer. The water level is just too much up and down. I dose about 8ml of All for Reef a day and that seems to be what it takes to hold a stable 9 dkh. The phosphates have just kept creeping though. The PO4 is creeping to .3 if you can believe that but everything seems perfectly happy. I have never had algae problems and I want to add the Reefmat 250. My concern is the constant water level with this stupid valve. I know I can replace it but I wanted to give it a try and Red Sea the benefit of the doubt. The stock valve is just trash though for a stable water level.

Photos seem too large to upload now...

OP
OP
CoachRichardson

CoachRichardson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have had it with this skimmer for some time and can't get any kind of consistency. I imagine though it is because of the constant water level rises and falls with the RS valve. I finally bit the bullet and have purchased the RS DC 300 skimmer and it should be here tomorrow. I am hoping since it is self leveling that will give me more consistency. I guess you make a self leveling skimmer rather than fix the valve...

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 18 13.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 9 6.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 74 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back