Clownfish Breeding Diary

Been MIA, but I went ahead and collected the clutch and got about 10 fry. Everything was going well until about day 11, when my numbers dwindled to one fry. My one survivor is now 40 days old (hopefully the attached video works). I now have two pairs laying consistently, so going to give it another go with the next batch :)

If anyone has any tips on things to change this next go-around, feel free to share! I have a couple of things I'm going to switch up to see if I can get more over that 10-11-day meta hump.
 
Been a minute, but here is the next batch I raised. They hatched on August 2nd, so they are 24 days old. These are from a Bali Nebula pair I picked up earlier this year (so a different pair from the previous pair). I've got about 15ish.

I'd say the changes that made the biggest difference in getting over the meta hump were a much denser rotifer population, not feeding TDO until day 9 to reduce ammonia buildup, and adding a cycled sponge on day 9. I've been doing a small water change every day to every other day on this tank, and they seem to be coming along nicely. I already see some neat patterns developing on a good amount of them. Not the best video quality but it'll have to do lol. Happy with these :)

 
The parents have another clutch, so depending on how many eggs we have by day 10, I might give it another go. Happy with how these guys are turning out :)

 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 12 23.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 13 25.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 3 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new