Red Sea REEFER 250 ALL Pre-Conditioned and most CAPTIVE-BRED Fish, SPS, Zoanthids. Slow Poke Reef. WE HAVE WATER!! start page 61.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting another controller board ready. The Apex orange grommets to route cords should be here today in the mail from Harry’s Aquatics.
ABCE7B18-0ACC-47A6-B01B-AC6B708296E6.jpeg

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having difficulty combining three short videos on YouTube. I will try to embed them separately here. They are about a minute each and show the work I'm doing on my system in our Farm's bunkhouse. I did a video of the bunkhouse a few pages back and it was total cluttered and a disaster.

Last edited:
OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment haul. Apex Breakout Box, Harry’s Aquatics hygrometer, Orphek flashlight, 2x Apex low-profile leak detection probes, and an Apex 10 foot DC24 extension cable. Oh and Fritz Aquatics UV sunglasses for display tank viewing.
7091ECC9-06F7-4DA6-A4F5-005EB195A455.jpeg

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Door switch wired to the Apex Breakout Box. I have a 4 second Defer command line in the code to prevent the cabinet LEDs wi-fi controller from resetting. Edit this is the electronics cabinet and not the reefer 250 stand.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Angel_Anthias lover how are you determining those parameters are issues? Just by testing or can you definitely assess those parameters are causing the issues. What are you testing with?
My lfs tests my parameters, i know i should probably test them myself, but i like to support his business. I believe he uses salifert test kits, but ill have to check up on that.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its coming along good, a few issues with phosphates and salinity that some of the corals arent happy about, but other than that pretty good
I guess I should have worded my question differently. Do you notice a difference in your corals when your parameters are out of wack?

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I should have worded my question differently. Do you notice a difference in your corals when your parameters are out of wack?
Yea well some of my corals haven't been doing good, a small goni that was doing really good has receeded and another larger goniopora too. And normally colour fades a little too on some montis.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Equipment haul. Apex Breakout Box, Harry’s Aquatics hygrometer, Orphek flashlight, 2x Apex low-profile leak detection probes, and an Apex 10 foot DC24 extension cable. Oh and Fritz Aquatics UV sunglasses for display tank viewing.
7091ECC9-06F7-4DA6-A4F5-005EB195A455.jpeg
I was looking at my Harry's Aquatics humidity monitor and it read 40%. That did seem right it was a rainy overcast day. I checked at the same time the humidity on the Weather Channel app of my iPhone and it said 64% humidity in town which is 4 miles away. I then checked right away the humidity on the native weather app of my iPhone and it read 63%. This is way off so I emailed Harry. Here is what he wrote back:

"Hi Mitch,

I have a precision humidistat that I compare them to in batches before shipping. It is honestly very possible that your weather-channel local humidity in the area is not the actual same as outside your home. For example, currently my weather app says it is 70% humidity in my city, but the actual humidity is 45% outside according to precision meters.

The sensors are rated at +- 5% humidity, measured every 10 seconds. (And +- 2 degrees)

That said, I do have a 100% satisfaction policy with everything I make- I would be happy to send you a return label for a complete refund on your purchase. No store credit required, directly back to your PayPal!

Let me know if you’d like to do that, and I can get that label emailed to you for a full refund.

Thanks,
Harry Singer
HarrysAquatics"

That being said I will leave the monitor outside overnight undercover to see if it reads more accurately to the outside humidity. If it's not accurate then I will get the refund. I thought it would be neat to gauge the humidity near the tank and see if changes correspond to evaporation rates.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow you really have patience! Please let me know what kind of gear are you planning to sell!
BTW nice setup coming along.
@Difrano thanks for the compliment !!!! I am in no hurry. I like your build and I am following along on your thread. I'm not sure when I'll get some gear together to sell but I can tell you now I have a Skimz recirculating skimmer and Fluval Wi-Fi LEDs to sell.

Brent Behringer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered the Reefer 250 Deluxe with black stand. Tank, Stand, V3 sump, and 2 x Reef 90 lights and arms

Also picked up the red sea 300 skimmer, 1 new Red Sea wave 25 pump. Di-4 Drop-In Fleece Filter System - 4 inch - Klir and 2 Aquamaxx XS reactors. Also Picked up a All colored pluming and parts ordered, return pump, sand and a few other odds and ends. I also had a custom rock piece down by a good friend. I will probably do a build thread once I get going. Tank is suppose to be hear end of this week, I think

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 46.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 13.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 6.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back