ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@ScottW updates please!!

Everything is chugging along well. I had about 5 weeks of GHA when I wanted to throw the tank out the window, but finally have beaten it!

Swapped out the Bubble King Double Cone 150, for a Bubble King Mini 160 gen 3. The other one just took up too much room in the sump, I wasn't able to access my probes. The 150 is better IMO, takes about triple the time to get the same amount of nog out, but oh well, that is life.

All the corals are doing fantastic, WD has grown about 6X's in size, so I will start adding more Acro's now. The zoas are doing outstanding, the black widow and Colorado have tripled in size, the black widow will have to go soon, takes up too much room. and the stupid clowns don't host in either of them, going go add another pair of clown on the other side of the tank where there Nem's are. Stupid clowns.

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
How was it though? How did you like the sump? Or did you switch it like immediately to the new tank?
I felt it is a must their sumps aren’t good IMO esp for the 250. Had I kept it I would have for sure kept the new sump.

I sold that sump with the tank when I sold the RSR 250. He loves it too.

terraincognita

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want you to know, that I was looking at getting a reefer 250 because the 75G I had just set up popped a seam, and I have the Triton 34 sump, and I was like oh know it's not gonna fit! because I read the interior sump width was 33 3/4, and the Triton 34 Sump is 34". So I'm glad you somehow magically happened to have this issue, because now I know the answer to the question and I would've LITERALLY found it nowhere else.

OP
OP
ScottW

ScottW

Manchester United
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just want you to know, that I was looking at getting a reefer 250 because the 75G I had just set up popped a seam, and I have the Triton 34 sump, and I was like oh know it's not gonna fit! because I read the interior sump width was 33 3/4, and the Triton 34 Sump is 34". So I'm glad you somehow magically happened to have this issue, because now I know the answer to the question and I would've LITERALLY found it nowhere else.
Just a little extra wiggle and a little trimming of the side wall mat and you are in! Glad this was able to help you out some! You will be happy you upgraded sumps.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.2%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 43 17.7%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 162 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back