OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use filter socks, and a carbon reactor?

I dont use gfo... i dont use filter socks... i do water change once a month or if i have to out my hand in the tank for extended period of time i will fo water change... i use carbon ONLY if i notice the water getting yellow... other than that.. all i run is a skimmer and feed 3-4 times a day

Dj City

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you use filter socks, and a carbon reactor?

I use a Clarisea SK5000 filter roller and carbon in a reactor. Plus I have foam in my overflow that catches waste and quiets the water falling into the overflow.

I have a few issues to work out.
I have microbubbles that constantly get stuck on the rockwork. I don't know where they are coming from but I think it may be too much flow.
I also have a few large messy fish. I have a 5 inch yellow tang, a 5 inch sailing tang and a 6 inch foxface along with a 8 inch lionfish.
The lionfish is not that messy but the others are large poop machines.

OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a Clarisea SK5000 filter roller and carbon in a reactor. Plus I have foam in my overflow that catches waste and quiets the water falling into the overflow.

I have a few issues to work out.
I have microbubbles that constantly get stuck on the rockwork. I don't know where they are coming from but I think it may be too much flow.
I also have a few large messy fish. I have a 5 inch yellow tang, a 5 inch sailing tang and a 6 inch foxface along with a 8 inch lionfish.
The lionfish is not that messy but the others are large poop machines.

Show us some pictures of the bubbles

OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It likely is dinos.
I had an outbreak of dinos in this reef. If it's dinos, its a very light case of them. I did the dr. Tims treatment and this is the worst it's looked in 2 months.
Are you running uv stereliser? That would help massively with the type of snotty bubble dinos you have

OP
OP
M

merereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i made the switch from the ai hydra 26HD to the red sea RL90.... WOWWWW... i have never seen polyp extension in my corals lile this before.. theres a few reasons i switched.
first every shop ive spoken to and every user of these lights say the same thing... this light grows corals faster than any other light they have used. Second this light creates a spectrum light between 360nm and 460nm in the blues and most other lights except the orpheks create light mainly from 400nm and up. I am very very impressed with these lights. The corals look fluffier too

F1BD2833-07D4-4D37-95D4-CF67532F015D.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 53 52.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.9%
Back