Red Sea Reefer 350 w/ 2 ReefLED 90's & 1 ReefWave 45

ocncheffy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you finding the coverage of the two ReefLed 90's? Have you done a PAR test?

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are you finding the coverage of the two ReefLed 90's? Have you done a PAR test?

Apologize for the delayed response. I was on vacation in Sanibel.

Love the ReefLed 90's. Coverage is great. I have not personally par tested but @Bulk Reef Supply completed a test in a recent video. Test results were great. If interested, I would recommend them. App super easy to use as well.

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an identical setup. Have the sensors in the return facing the back wall of the cabinet and the magnet for the tunze “behind” the filter socks.

BC588C1E-5AAE-4B53-98B5-E06B1F1804AA.jpeg

pink arrow pointing at the magnet, holder thing
Appreciate you sharing! Sump looks squeaky clean! Thats an area of opportunity for me. :)

GregDaKeg

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apologize for the delayed response. I was on vacation in Sanibel.

Love the ReefLed 90's. Coverage is great. I have not personally par tested but @Bulk Reef Supply completed a test in a recent video. Test results were great. If interested, I would recommend them. App super easy to use as well.
For some reason the time is off by one hour after the last firmware update. Any tips?

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For some reason the time is off by one hour after the last firmware update. Any tips?

Day light savings feature was likely missed? Under aquariums from the main menu, select the 3 dots in the upper right corner, edit aquarium, the toggle for daylight can be found here. Hope this helps!

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day light savings feature was likely missed? Under aquariums from the main menu, select the 3 dots in the upper right corner, edit aquarium, the toggle for daylight can be found here. Hope this helps!

that would be my guess too. They prompt the user to turn daylight savings & off during setup. After you toggle it they even “warn” you that you’ll have to toggle it again when the next time change happens

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Appreciate you sharing! Sump looks squeaky clean! Thats an area of opportunity for me. :)

thanks. That was due to it taking me so long to fill it. Due to life I didn’t get an entire day free (kids etc) so I’d do little bits here and there. So, with an empty tank & an hour free I’d try to do something productive lol

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thanks. That was due to it taking me so long to fill it. Due to life I didn’t get an entire day free (kids etc) so I’d do little bits here and there. So, with an empty tank & an hour free I’d try to do something productive lol

Our set ups are pretty similar! Ive been patiently waiting for the @Red Sea reef wave to hit the market... I may need to pull the trigger on an MP40 to get a little extra movement in the tank. Not having a power head has prevented me from buying corals. I currently have one happy rainbow anemone and one duncan coral... thats it after 6 months! Wanted to control the lights and gyre w/ one app but it might be time.

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day #153. 15gal wc completed last night. I need to figure out this reef tank photo thing... Haven't added many photos simply because I can't take them w/ the lights on, its just all blue. Fish do not cooperate w/ the lights off either! Below is pic of my flame, yellow tang and pair of black ice clowns. The new clown has paired up already and all are getting along great!

IMG_0789.jpeg

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ammonia 0 ppm
Nitrite 0 ppm
PH 8 ppm

Shooting for ph of 8.3... still struggling here. I need to get a refegium going to help with this! I heard this is the best way to increase PH... has several other benefits as well!

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Battling a bit of bacteria that you see from the pic below - its not cyano. Looks like fuzzy algae all over the rocks. I was leaning towards Chemiclean (works great on cyano) to see if this would help but was very hesitant on putting this in the tank since its a chemical. Spoke w/ my LFS and they suggested I use @DrTim Waste Away product. Ill be stopping in after work tomorrow to pick up a bottle. Fingers crossed this works as I am tired of looking at the mess on the rocks. If anyone has any experience with different bacteria outbreaks please share your experiences!

IMG_0823.jpeg

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day #169! Completed a 15g water change Saturday morning. Will be cutting back on water changes moving forward at the suggestion of a few of you reefers. Need to build up the nutrients in my tank to help w/ this algea/bacteria out break.

Added a sand sifting starfish to the tank - my youngest daughter loves starfish and fell in love with him at the fish store. The LFS indicated they are reef safe and will help keep the sand bed clean. Understand they are a little hard to keep and most starve themselves... Any suggestions or experience keeping them?

Took advantage of the black friday deals on saltwateraquarium.com and bought some MarinePure 1.5inch spheres. Will be starting a refugium at some point and didnt want to pass up this deal.

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
10g water change completed yesterday. Siphoned the bed as well. Patiently waiting out what appears to be the 2nd cycle of my aquarium which is pretty common for a 6 month old tank... at leasts thats what several threads suggests!

jaysreefs91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup man!
Slowly is the better.
I have the same tank, same setup with LED90,Skimmer, white stand. I gotta create a thread soon.
I have 2 Nero5 but not really happy with it. I spoke with my friend from RedSea, the reefwave is coming to the market in early 2020 so I would say get something then. I am thinking adding a Gyre330 to run with 2 nero5 in the back wall.
Maxspect Gyre can run 1 controller 1 power brick (most thing I hate in cable management) for 2 pump - must by Icv6 for app control
RedSea Reefwave : 1 controller 1 pw brick 1 pump - controlable thr app.
these make me headache so much :))

OP
OP
SCHAULJ

SCHAULJ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice setup man!
Slowly is the better.
I have the same tank, same setup with LED90,Skimmer, white stand. I gotta create a thread soon.
I have 2 Nero5 but not really happy with it. I spoke with my friend from RedSea, the reefwave is coming to the market in early 2020 so I would say get something then. I am thinking adding a Gyre330 to run with 2 nero5 in the back wall.
Maxspect Gyre can run 1 controller 1 power brick (most thing I hate in cable management) for 2 pump - must by Icv6 for app control
RedSea Reefwave : 1 controller 1 pw brick 1 pump - controlable thr app.
these make me headache so much :))
Do create a thread! They are fun to follow and we can learn from each other along the way. Is this your first reef tank? And yes, im waiting for the Reef Wave... patiently :) Want one app to control lights/pump.

phatduckk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do create a thread! They are fun to follow and we can learn from each other along the way. Is this your first reef tank? And yes, im waiting for the Reef Wave... patiently :) Want one app to control lights/pump.

I was in a similar boat. Have a reefer 350 with the RSK300 etc. however I’m an apex user and went with the mp40 because it can be controlled by the apex; specifically for feed mode it seems more convenient to me to be able to lower or turn the flow off & shut down the skimmer all at the same time.

I figure odds of me wanting to press a feed mode button on the apex (turn down return pump & shut down skimmer) followed by pressing another button in the Red Sea app to turn down the flow would eventually get annoying.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 15 34.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 14.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 14 32.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back