BRS

Susan Edwards

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Couple questions:

Going to go with 3 reef led 160s leds that they offer. Instead of mounting arms, hubby will build another light fixture. Question is: how high over the water should the lights be? Same as though I was using the red sea arms? Would 4 of the 90s be better?

How big is the overflow side to side, how far from the sides of tank, and how deep. Planning my rock scape.

Anything I should know about this tank?
Here is the mounting of my current lights that he will do. The lights will swing out of the way. thanks
20210321_122639.jpg

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Also, does this system have any manifolds? If I have to add, where would I add them.

Sorry no one answered you, manifold you'll have to DIY and mounting the lights I'd defer to red seas recommended height. I run radions on mine with the arms although I think a floating canopy that's height adjustable is in my future with Xhos

OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Sorry no one answered you, manifold you'll have to DIY and mounting the lights I'd defer to red seas recommended height. I run radions on mine with the arms although I think a floating canopy that's height adjustable is in my future with Xhos
thanks. I'm going to have the lfs do one for me as he'll install the plumbiing.

The red sea lights are 8" off the water. That is for 3 of the 160s. With 32" spread. I'm doing 4 so I don't know if it is the same 8" or higher as there are more lights.

ImaFlippinDolphin

View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
thanks. I'm going to have the lfs do one for me as he'll install the plumbiing.

The red sea lights are 8" off the water. That is for 3 of the 160s. With 32" spread. I'm doing 4 so I don't know if it is the same 8" or higher as there are more lights.

I have 4 xr30's on mine at 8 or so and I see shadowing that'll be problematic. That's why I'm debating the xhos. Just to fill in the spots that look too dark, I got a par meter to see if I will really need to add them, we'll see

Avast
OP
Susan Edwards

Susan Edwards

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I have 4 xr30's on mine at 8 or so and I see shadowing that'll be problematic. That's why I'm debating the xhos. Just to fill in the spots that look too dark, I got a par meter to see if I will really need to add them, we'll see
let me know!

BRS

What is the best "cleaning product" or home recipe for cleaning reef tank equipment?

• Water and scrubbing

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Citric Acid

Votes: 27 46.6%
  • Vinegar

Votes: 19 32.8%
  • Hydrogen peroxide

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Lemon Juice

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 2 3.4%