OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added a CaRX to my sump, so now my sump is a super tight fit! I will post pictures later, but I am happy with the GEO reactor i did get, and it fits perfectly in the sump. I went about 2.5 weeks without dosing and all my parameters were pretty low, so I hope the caRx will make things more stable.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@ReefConcept That's awesome i see we have the same taste in white tanks. let me know when you start your build thread! I am always curious as to what other reefers are doing :p

DrayB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i may be a bit late....but....as for creating a refuge in the sump of the reefer series...... i got this.
IMG_1781.JPG

12182706_10153815341107481_1908837602225286567_o.jpg

IMG_1792.JPG

I'm planning on redoing the reactors so there are plumbing inline with the return pump..as a few have done before which will give me the option to put the topup back (not that i rate it)

IMG_1786.JPG

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i may be a bit late....but....as for creating a refuge in the sump of the reefer series...... i got this.
IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

I'm planning on redoing the reactors so there are plumbing inline with the return pump..as a few have done before which will give me the option to put the topup back (not that i rate it)

IMG_1786.JPG

Ok @DrayB now you are showing off, an Awesome idea, I don't know why I didn't think of it, but now my sump is pretty packed, i have a Zeo reactor, a CaRx, skimmer and a small two little fishies carbon reactor.
20151208_205707_zpstjjz2xtl.jpg
20151209_002408_zpsud5rstkq.jpg

i think the last thing i need to build for my skimmer is a plate that will raise it up about 2-3inches, so i can get consistent foam.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1781.JPG

IMG_1792.JPG

IMG_1786.JPG
Just a thought, maybe try mounting your refugium light on the acrylic wall you created to point the light away from your skimmer, so you don't get build up in the skimmer from the light. After a long while that algae is almost impossible to get out of a skimmer without a good acidic soak of some kind.

DrayB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i did think of that but it's too thin for my liking. I'm in the midst of doing a full revamp of the plumbing and electrics and will be changing the light anyway. the "mod" is done by a company over here and they make them for all size reefers....having said that...im already looking at bigger tanks lol

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oddly enough I am looking at different tanks too! Lol I bought a ghost overflow for my next tank, so we'll see when that happens, I am looking at an ADA 180p I love the quality of the Ada tanks, either that or reef savvy

ReefConcept

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Subscribed, nice equipment, I went with a Geo reactor. I'm curious to see how your ats does

I was considering the Geo at one point then decided to go with the lineup Vertex had to offer. The flow meter is quite awesome. The ATS should hold up well unless I have zero nutrients to feed it. Thanks for subscribing!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST SAY NO TO AQUACAVE!!!!!

SOOOO! I need to vent, and I don't know where else to do this at, rather than here. I took advantage of a black Friday deal, and bought a +1 skimmer, I bought the Tunze 9415 from @aquacave. When I got the package I realized right away it was to big for my sump area, and began to start the return process with out even opening the package. I have never been so frustrated than I am right now, because not only did I have to pay $80 bucks to ship the skimmer back to THEM , NOW! they want me to pay for them to ship it back to tunze. I will only work with @Bulk Reef Supply and @MarineDepot from now on. Not only is their return policy realistic, but the people at Aquacave have no idea what to do. So if I can say anything and help at least one person so they don't have to go through what I am trying to do to get my money back I feel this post was worth it.

on the other hand I ordered a Ghost overflow from @Bulk Reef Supply and unfortunately it was broken, and the rep on the Chat line side No problem, here is a label to ship it back, and a new one is on the way! Now That's customer service!!!! I have had similar experiences with the team at @MarineDepot, all positive.

Thank you,
for listening to my rant!

SJ

StrawberryShortcake

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JUST SAY NO TO AQUACAVE!!!!!

SOOOO! I need to vent, and I don't know where else to do this at, rather than here. I took advantage of a black Friday deal, and bought a +1 skimmer, I bought the Tunze 9415 from @aquacave. When I got the package I realized right away it was to big for my sump area, and began to start the return process with out even opening the package. I have never been so frustrated than I am right now, because not only did I have to pay $80 bucks to ship the skimmer back to THEM , NOW! they want me to pay for them to ship it back to tunze. I will only work with @Bulk Reef Supply and @MarineDepot from now on. Not only is their return policy realistic, but the people at Aquacave have no idea what to do. So if I can say anything and help at least one person so they don't have to go through what I am trying to do to get my money back I feel this post was worth it.

on the other hand I ordered a Ghost overflow from @Bulk Reef Supply and unfortunately it was broken, and the rep on the Chat line side No problem, here is a label to ship it back, and a new one is on the way! Now That's customer service!!!! I have had similar experiences with the team at @MarineDepot, all positive.

Thank you,
for listening to my rant!

SJ
Bulk reef supply and marinedepot for sure!! Couldn't agree more.

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my skimmer back from aquacave , just had them send it back to me. What a nightmare, I may sell it up here on r2r

Bong703

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HELPPPP!!!! I just got my Reefer 250 and I also have a Vectra M1 ...but it's really loud!! the Return tube (middle) is sucking in the water and it's loud, when I lower the speed it doesn't get as loud but the return seems weak!

Anybody had this issue before and what was your fix? I'm sure I'm just being impatient with the setup......

Also what's a good Skimmer to put in the sump?

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bong703 If its loud its cuz your flow is to high! You want the water level in the over flow to be just below the middle pipe. I had the same problem till i installed a manifold then i realized why it was so loud. Read Sea recomends 600gph i think for the 450, so i am sure it is a little lower for your tank. I think the vectra is 3000gph, so you have to turn it down more than half for it to be in your target range.

I would build a manifold for future upgrades, then you can put some of that extra horse power back into the sump, for bio pellets or carbon reactors.

let me know if that helped.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bong703 as for the skimmer, i have a Vertex omega 150, and it is nice, but my issue is the water level was to high for me, so i was constantly fiddling with it, till i made a skimmer stand to raise the skimmer up 2.5 inches to get it right in the sweet spot. I just purchased a tunze 9410, because i am doing zeovit and it is more plankton friendly than the vertex, from my readings anyway, so i will let you know how that one goes :)

Bong703

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Bong703 If its loud its cuz your flow is to high! You want the water level in the over flow to be just below the middle pipe. I had the same problem till i installed a manifold then i realized why it was so loud. Read Sea recomends 600gph i think for the 450, so i am sure it is a little lower for your tank. I think the vectra is 3000gph, so you have to turn it down more than half for it to be in your target range.

I would build a manifold for future upgrades, then you can put some of that extra horse power back into the sump, for bio pellets or carbon reactors.

let me know if that helped.

image.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back