OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg
@WilRams I am just curious if you have tried to take the 360 apart? I have been debating on wether or not to get a 360 for the center of my light, or to perhaps eventually replace the MH, but I dont know if i am willing to spend the money only to find out it may not work cleanly. I was just curious.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I updated my Aquascape. I am finally happy with it. I tried the new @Nyos Cement, I really liked it!

AFTER:
20151015_114157_zpsjth9civw.jpg

Water is still cloudy from me stirring up all the rocks. I also updated my magnet to the Tunze magnet, WOW! what a difference, I will not use another magnet again, amazing! lets order some Corals now!

Before:
20150916_075910_zpslt2qhpmy.jpg

This was right after i installed the Kessil 160we in my giesseman light. I just want to highlight the true "wide Angle' lens. It covers all but 10" of my 59" tank at 12" above the tank.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought the New IM Gourmet Defroster, and i unfortunatly dropped the exterior magnet on my tile floor, and it chipped it a little bit. That stupid chip scratched my display tank so i had to put some felt on it.

I do like the item.

20150930_105751_zpskbjnii4b.jpg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New Coral, frogspawn, i waned to add some motion to the tank. My other frags are taking their sweet time in growing, so i bought a larger coral.

20151008_190406_zpskrwznswb.jpg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure what happened to my fish, but when i changed the aquascape, but i think my Tangs got into a fight.

20151011_132619-1_zpsmkigoasp.jpg

it looked like blood was was coming out so I had to use my Quarantine tank to let him get better. I just put him back into the main display today, so took him about a week to recover.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Apex Gyre coding:
I find it difficult programming simple functions within the Apex module. I feel they should consult with Apple, to make it easier to use. I felt it worth sharing how i am finally happy with my Gyre programming. (1 Gyre 150, I will edit when i get another one)

programming%20gyre%20code_zps8qcuiac3.jpg

Profiles:
day%20low%20tide_zps0zhzyosi.jpg

night%20pulse_zpsggttktvt.jpg

Night%20down_zps32f5y8if.jpg

night%20up_zpsqwqvsogb.jpg

day%20Htide_zpsdgfejj8h.jpg

Day%20up_zpspvmhaocg.jpg

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My First SPS corals. I want to do the Zeovit method, but I am going to wait to start till i have more than just a couple of SPS corals.
20151016_180223-1_zpsq6qs2v9e.jpg

20151016_180218-1_zpsr26v70vs.jpg

20151016_180228-1_zpsk4dzppsk.jpg

20151016_203432_zpspub113yj.jpg

I used the NYOS reef cement, I was very happy with it! I would just caution you if you use it to be very stingy when adding water, one extra drop can make u waste some of the cement. It works well under water and obviously works better out of the water, just be sure to follow instructions and turn off all pumps for 3-5 minutes when wanting to cure the cement under water.

df9e896f-4950-4a63-aabb-5be5048689f1_zpsbtvxsstx.jpg

This is the right side of my tank now, and i feel pretty good about my aquascape, now i just need to fill it with corals!

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@WilRams I am just curious if you have tried to take the 360 apart? I have been debating on wether or not to get a 360 for the center of my light, or to perhaps eventually replace the MH, but I dont know if i am willing to spend the money only to find out it may not work cleanly. I was just curious.
I got a good look at the 360, it seems smaller, but there aren't any screws like on the 160 I was just taking a leap of faith spending 200 on something I knew I wanted to take apart, so spending 399 was also a Lil bit more intimidating

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a quick update. I decided i wanted a refugium in my sump area, and as all my other fellow Red Sea REEFERs know there is no room in the sump for a refugium. I considered buying a whole new sump for a quick minute, but then i quickly realized why i liked this REEFER product. Because it came with everything. So.... Having established a better ATO system for my tank, and i no longer needed the gravity fed ATO system, i decided to plumb my ATO tank as the refugium.
20151031_111748_zpsmz8a8pgq.jpg

New ATO hole drilled for the new float switches. that connect to my APEX break out box.

20151102_234505_zpsi7caqlww.jpg

Refugium Plumbed.
e05ae978-1c11-4b2f-bff7-bea84c03b0f9_zpsvbp38fbp.jpg

Tunze Refugium Light
20151102_233701_zps5mkmebcn.jpg

With some live rock in the refugium.

b70871ec-d9b8-4e8e-868a-f208871c7f3e_zpsjpc7jy8d.jpg

The green feed line is temporary, until i build my manifold from the return line.

Not the best pic, but here is a cell phone picture of the Float switch for the apex
ebfff233-ce2c-4337-8c64-1491ccba1802_zpsc4iiwtdi.jpg

sheldonjjessup

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I find that with the apex controlling my ato I feel like I am having to fill it up more frequently. I think I may connect it to my R/O line

Bong703

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank! Can we get an updated pic of the sump and chiller chamber?? I am getting my 350 too with Gyre 130 and Kessil AP700 and learned alot from your thread. Keep the updates coming! Especially your ice cap module settings since I will be getting one too.

I'm thinking about buying 350, gyre, ap700 basically what you posted with the exception of ice cap (don't know what that is), Do you think its a great combination? if not suggest anything different?

Also noone mentions return pump..or maybe I missed it..but what do you guys suggest?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
  1. I'm thinking about buying 350, gyre, ap700 basically what you posted with the exception of ice cap (don't know what that is), Do you think its a great combination? if not suggest anything different?

Also noone mentions return pump..or maybe I missed it..but what do you guys suggest?
@Bong703 the ice cap module gives the Apex control of your gyre, do you need it, no you can work your gyre with out it. however i like to have a "high tide" and low tide setting, so at night the Apex will controll that, if not you will have to turn your gyre down at the end of the day if you wanted to do something similar.

The AP700 was high on my list too. The only reason i went with a Gieseman, is because i am a big fan of Nature Aquariums, and i wanted a light that could go back and forth from fresh water and reef aquariums just by changing the bulbs. Unfortunatly all the combo fixtures out there, the led t5 combos are all reef oriented, which is fine, I just want the option to go back and forth if this reef were to fail. Plus, I want others to test out the new technology first, before i replace my light. (if my reef makes it:)

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
update** I have made a manifold for my tank, I will post pictures shortly, but i feel that i have run out of room in my stand already. I ordered a GEO Ca Rx, and i have no idea where i am going to put it. I want to get a chiller by next summer, that will have to be outside my cabinet. maybe I will make a steel stand longer than my tank to house all the equipment in [HASHTAG]#gearjunkie[/HASHTAG].

Any thoughts on a 6 or 7ft stand for a 5ft tank? I havent seen any pictures of similar builds. Then again i havent looked that up either.

If you have a stand longer than your tank let me know!

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be an exciting week! i really took advantage of the neptune's Black friday specials. I have a new WAV system coming in, the DOS and the DDS for dosing! and a couple of leak detecters.
I cant wait to posts some pictures.

OP
OP
Txdragonslayer

Txdragonslayer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a love hate relationship with APEX! I took advantage of the black friday deals and purchased my set of WAV pumps. It was a huge hassle to get the firmware updated in my computer but i feel like it was all worth it in the end. I purchased like 3-4 modules due to black friday deals. I finally set up my pumps and got them working late at night and turned on the lights just to record a quick, slow flow night time demo.

I will record some more videos during the day with higher pump speeds. This video is only at the WAVs at a constant 10percent.

WilRams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a good look at the 360, it seems smaller, but there aren't any screws like on the 160 I was just taking a leap of faith spending 200 on something I knew I wanted to take apart, so spending 399 was also a Lil bit more intimidating

Never got back to you on this but No I did not take mine apart. I just hung it inside the fixture and left one crate off (the center one). Did you end up taking a 360 apart? I am going to be upgrading tanks in the next year and plan on going with a 72" Spectra for that tank as well. if I can integrate a Kessil a little more smoothly I will otherwise I will just do the same as I did with this fixture.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back