Red Sea Reefer 625XXL - "The Big One"

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sunkist- morning and afternoon shots. Contemplating putting in more rock for a separate island/tower. 23222181-84B1-46EF-86B4-C13B3CB50A79.jpeg BE7FEEC9-186B-4F91-BC50-AB8CA1A91C3A.jpeg
lamp.jpg

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build on tank and got some decent equipment there.
Lots nice looking fish and some gorgeous corals you adding and liking your aquascape and can only imagine ot all flowing seemlessly into each other as it grows.well dobe keep up the good work ^_^

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build on tank and got some decent equipment there.
Lots nice looking fish and some gorgeous corals you adding and liking your aquascape and can only imagine ot all flowing seemlessly into each other as it grows.well dobe keep up the good work ^_^
Thank you! :D Still need a bit more in it- ATO would be nice and a doser so I could leave for more than one day at a time! I’ll be adding in a few things over the next couple of weeks, actually, so feel free to tag along.

I’ve been banned from getting any more tangs (the tang police exist everywhere, guys), so I won’t be adding more fish except for some anthias and maybe more cardinals. It will mostly be coral from here on out. I’m always imagining it filled in already in my head...feel like I may have too much space between everything because of that.

Really appreciate your comments. Feels like I’m winging it 90% of the time. Lol. Check back and let me know what you think when I get some more of my gear in.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm just reminded me i STILL NEED SET UP MY ATO as no good still sat in the box lol.yeah will be following you on your journey defo.
And yeah them tang police mainly drive fast cars so cant outrun them ha ha ( joke joke ) some funny screenshots below that i took after joining r2r ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-205857_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-205857_Gallery.jpg
    90.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Screenshot_20210524-210000_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-210000_Gallery.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 22
  • Screenshot_20210524-210018_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-210018_Gallery.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are three bubble tips in the Reefer and a mystery nem. Dude had several btas and they split and weren’t doing well when he had them. One of his died during the move, and it’s other half is nothing but a chunky little stub that’s growing tiny tentacles now.

Edit: There’s a green one, a rainbow I added, and the rose that is a stub. They’re all tiny. Nowhere near the size of yours. Mystery nem outgrew all the others and the clowns don’t bother with it so I think it’s a non-hosting species, but I still love it. It was nothing but a tiny white ball when I got it and it’s changed colors and shape so much idk what it is anymore.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right?! It’s a really bright green and I love how it fades out in color towards the violet base. The tentacles inflate a LOT, but not like a bubble tip. It does “bubble” sometimes though. It never moves anymore, sticky, has never shocked me. Doesn’t care about flow too much. But zero clown interest. And I’ve looked for hours trying to ID and closest thing I found was a Condy.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right?! It’s a really bright green and I love how it fades out in color towards the violet base. The tentacles inflate a LOT, but not like a bubble tip. It does “bubble” sometimes though. It never moves anymore, sticky, has never shocked me. Doesn’t care about flow too much. But zero clown interest. And I’ve looked for hours trying to ID and closest thing I found was a Condy.
If you get good pics, multiple angles multiple lights. Good clear picture of the oral disc as well as the foot. I'm sure these guys can I d in a pinch.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get good pics, multiple angles multiple lights. Good clear picture of the oral disc as well as the foot. I'm sure these guys can I d in a pinch.
I’ll take some in a few. I kind of enjoy figuring it out on my own, really, this one just has me stuck. I moved the rock it’s on last night to make room for mushrooms, and it’s in higher flow now but literally no change whatsoever. Not BTA unless the white around the mouth is too hard for me to see w/out glasses...does bleaching in a nem affect that, or are the striations always visible?

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ll take some in a few. I kind of enjoy figuring it out on my own, really, this one just has me stuck. I moved the rock it’s on last night to make room for mushrooms, and it’s in higher flow now but literally no change whatsoever. Not BTA unless the white around the mouth is too hard for me to see w/out glasses...does bleaching in a nem affect that, or are the striations always visible?
I'm not fully versed in anenome stress responses. @F i s h y

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the mystery nem?
Petco- Joe got it after he brought the LTA home and it survived. I freaked out (also when I banned him from petco) because I knew it was going to be an issue in the Evo with two nems.

They had both tanks labeled as Condy when we went back to look and see if they knew what it was. One tank was full of the LTA which is where he got the first one. They weren’t bleached. Other tank had these in a range of colors, from pale green to a pale pink. (This one looked pink when I first got it. Then it slowly changed to yellow, then green.) They were all on the inside of the fake rocks and against the base of the tank walls. Inflated there too. The guy who worked there had no clue, but said they came in at the same time as the LTA.

OP
OP
S

Smirkish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if it matters but it does ball up partially, like half way, during the day sometimes with just the tips out. It’s not because it’s eating because if I feed it, it doesn’t do it. I think maybe the variation in flow from the wave maker is causing it.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.5%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.8%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 84 79.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.7%
Back