Red Sea Reefer 750 XXL Deluxe Build!

Viner87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an epic fish list! Can I ask your QT process and if you run UV?

Keen to understand how give successfully stocked to that level.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, 7 tangs in that tank. Good for you.

I was considering a total of 5 tangs (and a Moorish Idol) for my 220 and thought that may have been too many. Maybe I should reconsider.

I personally don't think it is too many. @4FordFamily can be of great help to you with this. He is very methodical in selecting the sizes and when to add which tang in order to have a good chance at success. Which 5 are you considering?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally don't think it is too many. @4FordFamily can be of great help to you with this. He is very methodical in selecting the sizes and when to add which tang in order to have a good chance at success. Which 5 are you considering?

I already have a Regal Blue and Yellow Eye Kole.
I had a Powder Brown, but just recently lost that wonderful fish, there's a tank emergency thread on what happened. I'd like to get a replacement for that fish and also add another Acanthurus, an Achilles, at the same time after this current round of QT.

I know this is where the trouble may rise, two Acanthurus Tangs in the same tank...

I've got a Blonde Naso and a Moorish Idol in the same QT tank right now.

Besides the Blue Throat Trigger, all the other fish are small; fire fish (bonded pair), Diamond Watchman Goby, Blue Reef Chromis (4 right now but I want another 2 or 3), a pair of Gold Nugget Clownfish.

My total count on fish would be 21 or less.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I already have a Regal Blue and Yellow Eye Kole.
I had a Powder Brown, but just recently lost that wonderful fish, there's a tank emergency thread on what happened. I'd like to get a replacement for that fish and also add another Acanthurus, an Achilles, at the same time after this current round of QT.

I know this is where the trouble may rise, two Acanthurus Tangs in the same tank...

I've got a Blonde Naso and a Moorish Idol in the same QT tank right now.

Besides the Blue Throat Trigger, all the other fish are small; fire fish (bonded pair), Diamond Watchman Goby, Blue Reef Chromis (4 right now but I want another 2 or 3), a pair of Gold Nugget Clownfish.

My total count on fish would be 21 or less.

I think you would have better luck possibly with a 3rd acanthurus. There are some that should be avoided like sohal and clown possibly. See what @4FordFamily says. 3 is probably a better chance of working out than 2 if you choose carefully.

Do you hope for the naso to be the keeper of the peace?

AquaLifeStudio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you would have better luck possibly with a 3rd acanthurus. There are some that should be avoided like sohal and clown possibly. See what @4FordFamily says. 3 is probably a better chance of working out than 2 if you choose carefully.

Do you hope for the naso to be the keeper of the peace?

Yes, in my experience it's a fish that just doesnt get bothered by attempted bullying. It knows that it's going to be the big fish and acts in such a way that it keeps a watchful eye on it's reef.

So, if adding a third Acanthurus has a greater chance for success, I believe I'd like to have a Gold Rim Tang.

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@gifs mcjones I mean @Crabs Mcjones I made a GIF in honor of you for my build thread.

IMG_20181118_171320533-ANIMATION.gif

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! @Crabs Mcjones gets yelled at if he changes his avatar, let alone the name! :)
This is true. I've tried a couple times to change my avatar, and both times I've gotten "where did tamatoa go" pm's

OP
OP
HotRocks

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a fantastic setup. I can’t believe the fish you have what a great collection. I think I need to move closer to you guys. I supply beer, pizza or steak. But only cheap beer
Thank you kindly! Come on over to Indy. I'm not a beer fan but pizza and steak sound great. I actually donate time of it involves fishy friends or electronics! Ask @4FordFamily

4FordFamily

Tang, Angel, and Wrasse Nerd!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a fantastic setup. I can’t believe the fish you have what a great collection. I think I need to move closer to you guys. I supply beer, pizza or steak. But only cheap beer
Our taxes here are low! I see you’re from Jersey. Come on over!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 44 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 41 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 34.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.3%
Back