Red sea reefer max reef mat going crazy

Office_Reef

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 7, 2025
Messages
12
Reaction score
4
Location
Sydney
What state or country do you live in
Australia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My reef mat has been going at three times the normal rate since I updated the firmware. Anyone else have the same issue?
I keep updating when the updates are coming out, which are disturbingly regular… which I take that they know there is an issue.
 
I think the app has lost the ability to do math correctly. I'll admit i didn't do the math to calculate the correct daily average because I'm lazy and I suck at math but looking at the daily amounts used I don't see how the daily average can be as high as it is. I was averaging 12ish inches the last time I looked and after seeing this post I checked and I'm averaging over 45" per day but my highest daily average is 19.9" so even with my poor math skills I can't see how that could be a 45" daily average. I turn off auto advance and let it overflow a few times a week because I run very low N and P but I use the app to stop the advance and have not interrupted power to the unit so now I have a mystery 🤔

EDIT: I went ahead and did the math and by my calculation my daily average is actually 11.02"
shrug-icegif-13.gif



Screenshot_20251223-064839~2.jpg


Screenshot_20251223-065051.png

Screenshot_20251223-065108.png

Screenshot_20251223-065125.png
 
Last edited:
Figured it out and thought I’d drop the reason in here just in case others have an issue in future.
I increased the return pump from 60% power to 65%. This was raising the water level in the reefmat reservoir causing it to top up far too frequently.
I dropped the power back to 60% and everything is back to normal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 33.3%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new