Red Sea Reefer O-ring size?

zack801

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Hoping this is the correct place to post this. Im setting up a new Reefer 450 and I'm having issues with the return line leaking from the o-ring. I took it out and it looks like there are a lot of micro cracks in it. I've contacted Red Sea and they are sending replacements but I'd love to just know the size that i need so i can order after market replacements next time I need them. I tried Lowes and Home Depot but the closest one I could find would not fit when i tried joining the pipes again... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Hoping this is the correct place to post this. Im setting up a new Reefer 450 and I'm having issues with the return line leaking from the o-ring. I took it out and it looks like there are a lot of micro cracks in it. I've contacted Red Sea and they are sending replacements but I'd love to just know the size that i need so i can order after market replacements next time I need them. I tried Lowes and Home Depot but the closest one I could find would not fit when i tried joining the pipes again... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

This fits pretty darn good

Nominal Size:
  • I/D 1"
  • O/D 1-1/4"
  • Section width 1/8"
I suggest buying this kit and keeping it around the house... it will last you the rest of your life. It never hurts to have o-rings around! The size I recommended above is R-20 in the kit. I also own the metric kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W5202-Assortment-407-Piece/dp/B000XW3OAI

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...178787&sr=1-1&keywords=performance+tool+w5203

Last edited:

AZ_Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nominal Size:
  • I/D 1"
  • O/D 1-1/4"
  • Section width 1/8"
I suggest buying this kit and keeping it around the house... it will last you the rest of your life. It never hurts to have o-rings around! The size I recommended above is R-20 in the kit. I also own the metric kit.

Is that o ring from sae or metric kit?

oshytsun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Nominal Size:
  • I/D 1"
  • O/D 1-1/4"
  • Section width 1/8"

Thank you for this! I was in the hardware store and remembered I had a drip and had no idea what size to get. Today was water change day so I installed the new oring and applied a little plumbers tape and the leak is gone!

Broadfield

Red Sea Reefer Consultant... Non Affiliated
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for this! I was in the hardware store and remembered I had a drip and had no idea what size to get. Today was water change day so I installed the new oring and applied a little plumbers tape and the leak is gone!
Sweet, I'm glad that it helped!

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 141 42.9%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 117 35.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.5%
Back