Red Sea Reefer O-ring size?

  • Thread starter Thread starter zack801
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zack801

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 12, 2017
Messages
674
Reaction score
393
What state or country do you live in
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys!

Hoping this is the correct place to post this. Im setting up a new Reefer 450 and I'm having issues with the return line leaking from the o-ring. I took it out and it looks like there are a lot of micro cracks in it. I've contacted Red Sea and they are sending replacements but I'd love to just know the size that i need so i can order after market replacements next time I need them. I tried Lowes and Home Depot but the closest one I could find would not fit when i tried joining the pipes again... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks
 
Hey guys!

Hoping this is the correct place to post this. Im setting up a new Reefer 450 and I'm having issues with the return line leaking from the o-ring. I took it out and it looks like there are a lot of micro cracks in it. I've contacted Red Sea and they are sending replacements but I'd love to just know the size that i need so i can order after market replacements next time I need them. I tried Lowes and Home Depot but the closest one I could find would not fit when i tried joining the pipes again... Any help would be awesome!

Thanks

This fits pretty darn good

Nominal Size:
  • I/D 1"
  • O/D 1-1/4"
  • Section width 1/8"
I suggest buying this kit and keeping it around the house... it will last you the rest of your life. It never hurts to have o-rings around! The size I recommended above is R-20 in the kit. I also own the metric kit.

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-Tool-W5202-Assortment-407-Piece/dp/B000XW3OAI

https://www.amazon.com/Performance-...178787&sr=1-1&keywords=performance+tool+w5203
 
Last edited:
Awesome, thank you man I appreciate it!
 
This fits pretty darn good

Nominal Size:
  • I/D 1"
  • O/D 1-1/4"
  • Section width 1/8"
I suggest buying this kit and keeping it around the house... it will last you the rest of your life. It never hurts to have o-rings around! The size I recommended above is R-20 in the kit. I also own the metric kit.

Amazon product ASIN B000XW3OAI
Amazon product ASIN B003Y88BPG
Thank you for this! I was in the hardware store and remembered I had a drip and had no idea what size to get. Today was water change day so I installed the new oring and applied a little plumbers tape and the leak is gone!
 
Thank you for this! I was in the hardware store and remembered I had a drip and had no idea what size to get. Today was water change day so I installed the new oring and applied a little plumbers tape and the leak is gone!
Sweet, I'm glad that it helped!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 2 18.2%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 3 27.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new