RED SEA REEFER S1000 265g+25g Frag Tank

mshur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next up was some wire management. I really just tie wrap everything together and try to make it as neat as possible and I did not use the slide in terms of it being able to slide out I instead just mounted everything on it and tucked wires behind it when possible. My goal one day is to convince my wife to let me empty out the pantry cabinets behind the tank and use this area to put all this stuff in there in an organized manner but for now this will have to suffice. This is pre-trident and a few other items:

IMG_0870.JPG

I still need to rig up my trident, some power heads in the frag tank, a light in the frag tank, a second inkbird since the Apex doesn't like 2 heaters on one plug, and a Optical Water level sensor for my sump return area to let me know if the ATO stops working.
Great set up!!! I am on the process of setting up G2 850 . Please, tell me what are those power strips with switches do you have ?

Ironfish

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Next up was some wire management. I really just tie wrap everything together and try to make it as neat as possible and I did not use the slide in terms of it being able to slide out I instead just mounted everything on it and tucked wires behind it when possible. My goal one day is to convince my wife to let me empty out the pantry cabinets behind the tank and use this area to put all this stuff in there in an organized manner but for now this will have to suffice. This is pre-trident and a few other items:

IMG_0870.JPG

I still need to rig up my trident, some power heads in the frag tank, a light in the frag tank, a second inkbird since the Apex doesn't like 2 heaters on one plug, and a Optical Water level sensor for my sump return area to let me know if the ATO stops working.
Were you able to insert the round screens on the sump extension divider?
They came with it but I can't figure out how to make them stay in place :(

OP
OP
Maxcmo

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes here are some pics were on cruise control at this point everything is growing very well.
IMG_5310.jpeg
IMG_5311.jpeg
IMG_5312.jpeg
IMG_5313.jpeg
IMG_5314.jpeg
IMG_5315.jpeg
IMG_5316.jpeg
IMG_5317.jpeg
IMG_5318.jpeg
Ph was the last thing I tweaked by putting a co2 scrubber on my protein skimmer and just letting the skim circulate / drip right back into the sump. Nutrient export has been kept under control by the Reef Mat system and Chaeto.

OP
OP
Maxcmo

Maxcmo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to be re-modeling shortly removing the large orange monti cap on the left that has overgrown and you cant really see without looking down into the tank as well as the green branching monti that is a little to messy for me and glue in some new SPS frags/colonies of anything rare I can find...

IMG_5442.JPG

Jjay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank! I was looking for a frag rack for my 1000 g2, what do you have on yours?

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 74 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 71 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back