Red sea reefer XL 425 deluxe

cephalopoda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome! I am about to embark on the exact same journey in a few weeks. I am ensuring that the floor will hold the total weight of the tank, getting a GFI outlet put in, and getting the list of startup supplies that I need. I also have to breakdown the old 45 gallon tank that is currently there and figure out what to do with it.

I'll use your experience to reassure me when things inevitably go sideways. :)

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you :) I am happy and excited for you! Remember don't be shy ask alot of questions there are alot of really kind people here that will help you! We all learn from eachother every day ;)

Today was a really good day my tank got featured in the 365 :D
But better sweet I have 2 torch corals dying :(

Screenshot_20180517-212345_Gallery.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Congratulations on the 365! The tank looks great with the new camera filter. Sorry for your torch hope it all works out.
Thank you very much :) I am treating the tank and 8 have purchased 2 new reactors and waiting for them to show up 1 reactor for purigen and 1 for GFO. So I can stop carbon dosing. I'll post pictures ;)

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Its the filter on the camera I don't know why it's turning it yellow but in person it's more orange and pink with green stems I'm still trying to figure it out :confused:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is an updated full tank shot with my new filter for my camera ;)

View attachment 20180512_191612.jpg
New here (and late to this thread). I've been lurking for some time following your progress and your tank is amazing! Congrats! Seems like things are happening relatively fast.
I have a few questions of you don't mind (SIAP).
How were the two LFS you visited (selection, prices, knowledge, healthy selections, etc)?
How are the powerheads on the rear of your tank working out? What lead to you deciding to place them in the rear as opposed to the sides?
Are you quarantining your new fish?
Thanks and continued success.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely stunning!!, Deez

Love your thread and your so helpful to others too.

I use the Pixel-2 cell phone. It's not perfect, but it can take some really nice shots.
Sometimes the AquaiClip helps corals "pop" too.
https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/oran...MI2brui4un2wIVUT2BCh07kwRfEAYYBSABEgKQ5fD_BwE

Which android app did you find?

Thanks, Freddie
Thank you very much Freddie I ended up going with the aquaiClip from Brs also I'm still anxiously awaiting my two new reactors so I can do the purigen and gfo as you had suggested! I try to do my part in helping the people here on this community are awesome in The Help they gave me so far as been endless thank you again though :)

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New here (and late to this thread). I've been lurking for some time following your progress and your tank is amazing! Congrats! Seems like things are happening relatively fast.
I have a few questions of you don't mind (SIAP).
How were the two LFS you visited (selection, prices, knowledge, healthy selections, etc)?
How are the powerheads on the rear of your tank working out? What lead to you deciding to place them in the rear as opposed to the sides?
Are you quarantining your new fish?
Thanks and continued success.

Thank you very much for the compliment I appreciate it I'm not trying to answer all your questions if I miss one please let me know the fish stores that I visited they did have good selection and good pricing the people there were knowledgeable and friendly they just didn't have the corals I was looking for. Be careful When selecting Fisher going to buy from a local store ask them if they do any quarantine of Their Own some of the fish stores I went to did not. The powerheads I have in the back of my tank are 2 mp40's and we decided to put them in the back for aesthetic reasons only and they're working out pretty good sometimes I have to push sand from the middle of the tank back to the front due to the flow. And I'm guilty embarrassed to say but no I did not quarantine my fish I got extremely lucky haven't had any problems so far and I'm done stalking my tank with fish. It is a dangerous Gamble and a lot of people end up on the short end of the stick and I was lucky to not have anything bad happen. When I buy my fish though I make sure they're in good looking condition their alert swimming around I also ask the employees to feed the fish before I buy them and I make sure they're eating and healthy it's not a guarantee but it's a good start. Please don't be shy ask any questions you want there a lot of people on this community or eager to help and answer any questions you have. Thank you again

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you very much for the compliment I appreciate it I'm not trying to answer all your questions if I miss one please let me know the fish stores that I visited they did have good selection and good pricing the people there were knowledgeable and friendly they just didn't have the corals I was looking for. Be careful When selecting Fisher going to buy from a local store ask them if they do any quarantine of Their Own some of the fish stores I went to did not. The powerheads I have in the back of my tank are 2 mp40's and we decided to put them in the back for aesthetic reasons only and they're working out pretty good sometimes I have to push sand from the middle of the tank back to the front due to the flow. And I'm guilty embarrassed to say but no I did not quarantine my fish I got extremely lucky haven't had any problems so far and I'm done stalking my tank with fish. It is a dangerous Gamble and a lot of people end up on the short end of the stick and I was lucky to not have anything bad happen. When I buy my fish though I make sure they're in good looking condition their alert swimming around I also ask the employees to feed the fish before I buy them and I make sure they're eating and healthy it's not a guarantee but it's a good start. Please don't be shy ask any questions you want there a lot of people on this community or eager to help and answer any questions you have. Thank you again
Thanks! I have tons of questions and your thread and this site has been very imformative.

Did LAX Aquarium quarantine and treat their fish?

OP
OP
Reefer Deez

Reefer Deez

Reef junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be more then happy to help you with anything I can :) I don't belive they do even though the fish looked good and healthy. They also had gem tangs I was super excited about this I just couldn't pick one up!

Cali-Saltwater-1st-Timer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be more then happy to help you with anything I can :) I don't belive they do even though the fish looked good and healthy. They also had gem tangs I was super excited about this I just couldn't pick one up!

Do you know of any Socal area fish stores that quarentine and treat? I haven't been to many but the ones I have been to did not. I know it isn't full proof but it helps.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 4.9%
Back