OP
OP
svogun

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I've had the Dastaco ExtremA4 running for about a week now and it did take a few days to dial in. I enjoyed ph of 8.3 to 8.5 when I was dosing two part with a kalk reactor. Now with the Kalk reactor and CO2 scrubber I'm down to 8 to 8.1. After 2 days of running it I came down to the basement and my CO2 bottle was empty. I must have had a leak from the regulator to the tank. I changed out the tank enusred no leaks, and recalibrated the reactor. My tank is running solid at a DKH of 9.8. Corals and clams are doing beautifully. Once you get this thing dialed in, it is set it and forget it. Totally worth the investment. I'm all about automation and simplifying things when I can. I prefer to spend my time in front of the main display instead of down in the lab tinkering with 2 part and dosing pumps etc. Between my auto water change, the Dastaco and my apex controller, I definitely feel that it has freed me up to enjoy the tank inhabitants more. Now only if we can get that Trident out to the stores!

Last edited:

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice setup. My Reefer 750 XXL is set up very similarly. I also have an Abyzz (A100), and the DaStaCo A2, and absolutely love both of them! I also use a Dos for AWC and it works great. I just returned from a 10 day trip, and everything worked perfectly while out of town.

OP
OP
svogun

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dastaco 6 month update: just changed out the tubing on the dosing pump. Took all of 10 minutes! SPS are growing like crazy. As the frags are growing I'm thinking I need to add more flow. Plan is to have 2 MP40s running in Gyre mode positioned on the back of the tank. I have two MP60s going the length of the tank with a random program. Spent the summer mainly enjoying the tank. Only additions I made was a beautiful Sailfin and Naso tang. Winter plans include organizing the fish room which is a disaster right now, as well as to add the trident to test alk, calcium and mag. I'm also toying with the idea of adding some T5s to supplement my radions although I really like the RMS mount and not sure how I can add these in a way that doesn't look horrible. I'd like to avoid hanging anything from the ceiling.

OP
OP
svogun

svogun

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the trident up and running. Testing the minimum 4 times per day. All is well. Livestock update: after my Clarkii pair took out multiple fish I finally got them into my 34 red sea tank down in the lab. Looking at adding a Mitratus Butterfly to the main tank. I also capitalized on the bulk reef supply presidents day sale and will switch up my radion gen 3 for a gen 4 pro. Additionally have had issues getting any chaeto growth with my gen 1 radion over my fuge and got the kessil 160 coming in.

Last edited:

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back