Red Sea ReefLed 90

jeffmorales

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else having trouble going above 60% with theirs? I've been acclimating my corals for more than a month now and I can tell above 60% lots of my LPS will retract due to light, even those at the bottom.

Hi @Krully & @Cunning_plan ... did either of you figure this out?

I've also noticed that anything above 60% causes my corals to start getting upset.

Currently running Blue @ 60% and White @ 20% for an 11 hour period with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

Using one ReefLED 90 on a Reefer 170

TIA for any info that might help!

Cunning_plan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I've also noticed that anything above 60% causes my corals to start getting upset.

Currently running Blue @ 60% and White @ 20% for an 11 hour period with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

I ran my blues at 100% for 10 hours a day till fairly recently when I added a new anemone. When I turned them down to 60% absolutely everything looked happier than I'd seen in ages. As such I've just left it there.

I feel like this is a case where red sea really could have done better with the profiles they set to be honest...

Krully

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

hey there,

I managed to get above 60% by increasing very very slowly and only having them peak at 100% for a few minutes after which they start to ramp down. I've done some kind of weird manual profile with a steady ramp up and down to and from 100%. Whites peak at 50% but average around 30%.

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Strange I have mine at 100% since the beginning and all are happy, they are not too strong at 60% that is pretty weak

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back