Red Sea ReefLed 90

Anyone else having trouble going above 60% with theirs? I've been acclimating my corals for more than a month now and I can tell above 60% lots of my LPS will retract due to light, even those at the bottom.

Hi @Krully & @Cunning_plan ... did either of you figure this out?

I've also noticed that anything above 60% causes my corals to start getting upset.

Currently running Blue @ 60% and White @ 20% for an 11 hour period with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

Using one ReefLED 90 on a Reefer 170

TIA for any info that might help!
 
Hi @Krully & @Cunning_plan ... did either of you figure this out?

I've also noticed that anything above 60% causes my corals to start getting upset.

Currently running Blue @ 60% and White @ 20% for an 11 hour period with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

Using one ReefLED 90 on a Reefer 170

TIA for any info that might help!
I ran my blues at 100% for 10 hours a day till fairly recently when I added a new anemone. When I turned them down to 60% absolutely everything looked happier than I'd seen in ages. As such I've just left it there.

I feel like this is a case where red sea really could have done better with the profiles they set to be honest...
 
Hi @Krully & @Cunning_plan ... did either of you figure this out?

I've also noticed that anything above 60% causes my corals to start getting upset.

Currently running Blue @ 60% and White @ 20% for an 11 hour period with a 1 hour ramp up and 1 hour ramp down.

Using one ReefLED 90 on a Reefer 170

TIA for any info that might help!
hey there,

I managed to get above 60% by increasing very very slowly and only having them peak at 100% for a few minutes after which they start to ramp down. I've done some kind of weird manual profile with a steady ramp up and down to and from 100%. Whites peak at 50% but average around 30%.
 
Strange I have mine at 100% since the beginning and all are happy, they are not too strong at 60% that is pretty weak
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new