Red Sea ReefLED Lights vs Radion

surfingwel

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 19, 2024
Messages
35
Reaction score
27
Location
NYC
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently have the RS ReefLED G2 115
I don't particularly like the light too blue in a way where it will set my whole living space blue like a fish store,
mostly this is something I've agreed on as a compromise to have the tank with my GF

I run the lights at 15K Kelvin spectrum which are a bit light blue, I get that is how the blended led is setup

my question is, If I were to switch to Radion XR15 would the 15K look more natural white and have more pop being that they have specific spectrum lights you can control
My light currently makes the corals feel a bit bull and washed out compared to what I would love to see
 
Yes, Radions are controllable from a spectrum perspective, the neon blue party is a choice you can make or not. The red sea lights should also have similar functionality.

I personally use Kessil fixtures, they give extreme control over visual spectrum while maintaining the correct wavelengths for coral growth.
 
I’ve only seen Red Sea lights over tanks, never run them over my own, but they leave much to be desired.

The Radion Pro is a much better light. For 1/3 the cost you can have Gen 2 Nicrew though and get the same or even better output than a Radion
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 16.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 8.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Free Phyto Promo
Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed Spend $39+ → free 16oz Phyto · Use code FREEPHYTO at checkout · $16.99 value · Densest 6-species blend · Free shipping on every order · 100% live arrival guaranteed
Shop Now Code: FREEPHYTO
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new