Red Sea Reefmat 500 issue

Notty74

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
27
Location
surrey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I’ve just bought a Reefmat 500. I’ve installed it and now my emergency outlet pipe is pouring water into my sump. Meaning that the water is bypassing the Reefmat altogether. I’ve adjusted the flow rate from the main outlet pipe but it makes no difference. Can I somehow work both pipes into one and then into the Reefmat? Or is there another way to stop the emergency pipe from being used? I was thinking of shortening the Red Sea flexi pipe. Any help would really be appreciated.
cheers
 
Your outlet pipe higher than the emergency? There's really only two variables that would cause this issue. It could be either back pressure or gravity. Backpressure could be caused by valves or submerging pipes in water. Gravity, meaning the height of one pipe over the other. I'd check those first before T-ing both drains together. However, it shouldn't be that big of an issue since the Reefmat 500 says it can handle 1580gph (https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reefmat-500-fleece-roller-filter-red-sea.html).
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new